toshiba satellite l300d peculiar problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hammy72, Aug 31, 2010.

1. hammy72

hammy72 Private E-2

hi everyone.

i have a toshiba satellite L300D with vista home edition. a while back had a problem with power plug but fixed it with a bit of glue. now it's working fine but when connected to charger the curser on the screen jumps about and is completely out of control, as soon as i disconnect it from the charger it behaves normal.

i have installed a new touchpad driver on it but the problem still exists.

please help me on this one.

thanks a million.:cry

2. jools1976

jools1976 Sergeant

Hmmm... that's pretty weird. What exactly did you fix on your adapter?

3. hammy72

hammy72 Private E-2

nothing on the adaptor. but the power socket of the laptop was a bit loose so i just fixed it with some glue. that's all.

4. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Sounds like something is still flaky with that plug - maybe grounding/shorting somehow?

5. hammy72

hammy72 Private E-2

well i'm sure it can't from gluing but thanks for your kind advice guys now i've got to see where the shorting or grounding is!!! i'll keep posted.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds