Turn my phone into a wifi adapter for my desktop?

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by avalanch, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avalanch

avalanch Private E-2

Right, kind of a question that I don't think is asked too often. I have a LG LS980 (G2 from Sprint).

Is it possible for me to take my phone, hook it up via usb to my desktop computer and have it essentially serve as a wifi card?

[​IMG]

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Do you want to use your phone's modem on your PC?

3. avalanch

avalanch Private E-2

Yes that's what I'm aiming to do.

4. Eldon

Ok.
    You can use USB tethering, Bluetooth tethering, or Wi-Fi Hotspot. For the latter two, your PC must have Bluetooth (you can always use a Bluetooth transceiver) or Wi-Fi. Check Network Settings on your phone. It's realy easy. But, post if you're not sure.

5. avalanch

avalanch Private E-2

6. Eldon

I had a look at the site you linked to. And I will not do any of that. Have a look at the screenshot of my Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo (Android 4.1.2). It's so easy. I know this isn't helping you. I suggest you ask that this thread be moved to Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware. Maybe you'll get better advice.

Attached Files:

7. avalanch

avalanch Private E-2

Hi this is where it would be on my phone according to articles, mine doesn't have it natively built in.

[​IMG]

8. avalanch

avalanch Private E-2

It is rooted but the app they're requesting is not compatible with the firmware version VZE. The ones they list, VZD and below are older firmwares.

9. Eldon

As per DroidViews:
    Also,
    I suggest you contact Rakesh via DroidViews.

BTW Would it not be easier to buy a mobile modem? Depending on make/model and where you live, a 21.6Mbps modem will cost about $30-35.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds