User Profile Hive Cleanup Service

Discussion in 'Software' started by Adrynalyne, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6d-8912-4e18-b570-42470e2f3582&DisplayLang=en

Take a look at the readme before installing. Looks like a win-win situation to me :)

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Looks very good Adryn :)

3. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

Nice find Adryn ive only had a quick read through but seems this might be very useful to me ive got several of those Usernv errors and this is on a fresh instal yesterday (long story :( ) ive downloaded it and ill see how it goes :)

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Cool, let us know how it gores. I too, have that event id 1517 at times.

5. General_Lee_Stoned

hopefully it wont gore anything :D

But seriously though since this is a fresh install and im doing a lot of rebooting installing drivers etc etc :(
    i checked my event viewer and i had 5 Usernv errors in one day and i did seem to be hanging a bit on shutdown since i installed this yesterday i have rebooted 4 times and no errors :)
    on a reboot from turn off-logging in-i can get back to a working desktop in under a minute ;) so its a keeper for me
    i wouldnt reccomend it to anyone without those errors as it does add another service which looking in task manager uses 1.3mbs and i know most people like to keep the list as short as possible

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Small warning.

Remember my debug questions yesterday?

I had two stop 0x7f playing UT 2k3, and a stop 0x50 listening to MP3s.

Well, I installed this tool, office 2003, and windows update and the task switcher powertoy.

I think one was the cause.

I uninstalled this service, didn't help.

Sys restore to before I installed all of the above, and it seemed to take care of it.

I went through the MS ram tester, I've run 3dmark 03 looping all night, with no crashes.

So, while I dont think this service was the problem, just beware.

7. General_Lee_Stoned

Thanks for the warning Adryn and i certainly didnt forget your debug problem i spent ages reading up about it (still none the wiser :rolleyes: )

anyway my system has been rock solid since i installed this not one crash or even slight glitch just my improved reboot times :D

I was playing MOHAA last night for three hours solid and been playing around all day tweaking etc and everything seems fine i will run 3d mark myself overnight just to be on the safe side

but i have to say for me personally its a winner ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds