Win 10 Pc Got Slow

Discussion in 'Malware Help - Public (Anyone Can Post & Respond)' started by sinan, Aug 2, 2019.

1. sinan

sinan Private E-2

Good day/night

I feel my PC win 10 getting slow last few day. I need help and tips to fix.

Thanks.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

1. Did the computer come with Windows 10 or was it an upgrade? (if an upgrade, give the brand and model of computer so someone can look at the hardware specs)

2. How much RAM?

3. Size of hard drive and how much free space on hard drive?

sinan likes this.
  3. Stephen_c16

Stephen_c16 Master Sergeant

Greetings. If you want things to work quickly you cannot beat a SSD drive. They are not very expensive these days.
    I have just moved my Windows 10 pro 1903 OS disk onto a 32GB SSD using MiniToolPartitionWizard
    It reduced the partition size of the original drive and then cloned it onto the small SSD.

Good luck with your journey.
    s.

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You need to tell us more:

Please explain what operations are slow! For example answer the below:

* Is boot up slow?
    * Is shutdown slow?
    * Is browsing/surfing slow?
    * Is downloading slow?
    * Is running any application?
    * Is it also slow in safe boot mode?
    * Also are any process showing in Task Manager to be using a lot of CPU time?
    * Anything else slow?

5. sinan

sinan Private E-2

Attached Files:

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Good luck getting your questions answered TimW. I got a text file I had to download and comb through.

1. Windows 10 Home 64 bit. Install date 5/29/2019 this doesn't tell me if the computer came with Windows 10 or was an update.

2. 16GB RAM

3. Two hard drives of 1863 GB each (so two 2TB hard drives)
    Toshiba has 4 partitions each with at minimum 48% free
    Hitachi has 4 partitions each with at minimum 12% free two partitions on that have 12% free and 15% free which could cause a slow down.

7. sinan

sinan Private E-2

1- My pc is assembled.
    3- Will try to free up space.
    Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds