Windows 95

Discussion in 'Software' started by man_im_bored, Mar 3, 2004.

1. man_im_bored

man_im_bored Private E-2

I've lost my cd key for windows 95 (its almost a decade since it's release, i wonder how i lost it...). Does anyone know of a way of getting the cd key of the windows 95 cd. I'm installing win95 onto an old computer, hence why i need it.

Thanks.

2. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

3. man_im_bored

man_im_bored Private E-2

Sorry, I didn't mention that the machine which had that installed died over two years ago (it was electricutated at my friends house....). So I don't have it installed anywhere, I need to grab the key off the windows 95 cd itself!

4. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

you cant pull it off the cd im afraid

Last edited: Mar 3, 2004
  5. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Sergeant

I borrowed a friends 95 cd a long time ago. I didn't have the key and couldn't wait to ask for it. So, I booted into dos and did a little looking around. I found a file and opened it up, and lo and behold there was the stinking key. I ended up buying the 95 upgrade anyway. But, all subsequent versions have changed and you can't do it that way anymore.

So, all you have to do is install it. Then after it's done, boot into dos. Look around and check .txt and .inf files using the dos editor. Just search for OEM.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds