windows keeps installing updates ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by robertchikow, Jan 27, 2013.

1. robertchikow

robertchikow Private E-2

i just got a used quad desktop, i think it has a fresh windows 7 install, as one of the updates was sp1 : windows keeps installing new updates ? is this normal ? i bought this computer 5 days ago, been through about 3 rounds of updates; i was playing a game yesterday when i had told the windows message to postpone the update installation for the max of 4 hrs, i got a blue screen during the game, i don't know if it was the game or the postponed updates; the computer seems fine , other than this situation; call of duty 4 (demo) crashed once, i restarted it in safe-mode and seems ok; what can i do ? thanks

2. md2lgyk

md2lgyk I can't follow the rules

When I did a clean install of Win 7 on my XP computer a few weeks ago, there were over 100 updates that needed to be installed. Maybe your computer is working on those.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds