Winter has come. :-/

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LauraR, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Not only did I run errands today wearing a hoodie *without* a winter coat over it, but when I went outside I noticed I have 4-inch daffodil sprouts! :-D

And a serious need to clean out my flower beds. LOL

Attached Files:

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Good lord, is that a lampshade in that flower bed? :-D

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

4. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

5. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Close! LOL It's a styrofoam cover for a rose bush. The one I have planted there is still too little to leave unprotected all winter.

I'm not saying they didn't get an amazing amount of snow, especially for one day. I'm just saying I find it difficult to believe it was more snow than Boston got over a two-month period.

My yard looks almost exactly like yours. The picture I posted above is (obviously) right up against the house, which melts faster. You can clearly see that the yard and even part of the sidewalk are still covered.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  6. Phantom

Hey! This was a big deal for Queenslanders. I hadn't watched the News for 3 Weeks. You're 'prolly going "so what?!" rolleyes roflmao.

Well the Bananas I bought were like 12-18" long. Big for here. I'd show you, but I ate half of it. I only got five to the 2kg. :eek:

7. Phantom

You're just looking at the Cache, Musk! - Sheesh!....rolleyesp

8. Phantom

Press Refresh, for Gawd sake!!..

P.P.S:- Well, that's the last time I drink a bottle of Skull Vodka! X:p

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  9. Phantom

Ahh!...I've been bad!....Sorry!!!:-o

10. Phantom

11. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

After all the snow and then lots of rain we now have flooding in the area. But the temp has been near 60 last two days and rivers are suppose to crest soon, so that is good.

12. DavidGP

No I know Beth, which is why I added a few more pics from Meteo Italy,

I'm amazed we have kept a weather thread to 11 pages and counting, I find it neat to know what others experience as we all have differing weather climates, mine is typical wet England! kinda dull today.

Nastyass one here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-31883712 in South Pacific

13. DavidGP

Actually thats the best description yet of climate change.

Indeed we have had a warmer winter than normal, and last year was a warmer summer than has been for years. Will we get the reverse this year, who knows but likely as the cycle will come around at some point in which we get a bad winter as we did in 2010

14. Phantom

Off the top of head, what people fail to realize, is that weather goes not only in annual cycles, but also in 100; 1,000; and 10,000 year cycles. Obviously weather records have not been around long enough to prove this.
    Weather warming and cooling global extinction events have occurred throughout all prehistory.
    "Climate change" has made about +0.5 deg.C difference, according to experts, which I am not.;)

15. Phantom

16. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

A sure sign of spring! Today, we get up to 60! I think it is possible that winter may be almost over.

17. Phantom

Thanks. Yeah, my garden has roasted to death in the heat, Now sweating my butt off, with the tail end of a Cyclone.

Re: The links:- Yet, we all know we are going to get some 20-30 y.o. 'expert' that will insist that we are all wrong. rolleyes

18. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Very nice indeed!

19. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Wow, what an incredible sight that must be. I would be stood there in awe mouth gaping open :-D

20. Maine

Maine Private E-2

Ayuh. Winter here just refuses to let go. I still have over a foot of snow on the ground and it's April 2nd. Here is a shot of the ocean two weeks ago...yes, the Atlantic Ocean in all it's frozen glory. That's ice out past those islands....on March 19th. Send green things please. I forget what they look like.

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds