Wireless Room Charging

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by Jerry78, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Jerry78

Jerry78 Private First Class

is it possible to buy a charger that will charge a rooom wirelessly?

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Are you serious? o_O

3. Replicator

Replicator MajorGeek

This may not be as silly as it sounds.
    The technology of wifi charging has taken great bounds of recent times, but its still a while off from coming into our homes.

The main problem being a wifi protocol capable of delivering enough wattage to power smart devices.

Researchers are currently working on a new method of charging called quasistatic cavity resonance (QSCR)
    This allows power to be wirelessly transmitted throughout a room, which means you can easily go about using your devices while you charge your battery, separate from maintaining contact with a charging pad, which is what we are used to as cutting edge now.

https://www.wired.com/2015/06/power-wifi-isnt-think/

4. Jerry78

thanks

I am so tired of my iphone cords breaking, or having to be held in a certain way to work...Im pretty careful with them, but come on...can I get a cord that will not break?

I have a great mophie case with wireless charging and it is great, since it always works, but it has to be on the wireless stand to charge, and I can't stand there and use it (easily) so I want a unbreakable cord, so I can charge and play OR connect it to my computer and do work

any suggestions for a cord that is unbreakable for an iphone 7 or 6s?

5. Replicator

Replicator MajorGeek

6. Jerry78

is that phone charging? if so, what is the name of the cord?

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

8. Jerry78

9. Jerry78

I also have a mophie wireless base and protective case
    the case has been dropped a few times, very good case, phone unharmed
    and the charge is pretty fast, 2 hours or so from 0 to full, unless the case battery is dead, then longer
    the best part is the battery in the case, when the phone is dead, flip it on and the phone gets charged

I have a had problems with the case charging the phone via accidently flipping the switch

https://www.amazon.com/mophie-juice...s=mophie+wireless+charging+base+iphone+6+plus

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds