Wish To Download/save All Emails From A Server?

Discussion in 'Software' started by CactusFlower, Nov 19, 2023.

1. CactusFlower

CactusFlower Private E-2

Long story short:
    Moving my website to a new host.
    14 - 15 emailboxes store a lot of stuff with the current host.
    Never downloaded any emails; always just signed in/read on server.

Looking for a way to get those emails downloaded, backed up, saved to local computer, whatever.
    Any way at all that I can easily retain the content (messages/photos)?
    Oh, the "contacts" feature was never used, and I ALSO hope to retain some type of email contact list :(
    And, PS: I do not even know how to use a desktop email client, if that is a thing (I think it is).

My mail was squirrel mail, but it was changed recently to Roundcube. I think it can be changed back if that makes anything any easier. I am not very knowledgeable about Roundcube features, having just gotten it.

So most of the email originally came into one email box. The others were all made as holding areas when the main incoming box filled up, mainly for each year's messages which were then forwarded into them maybe 8 or 10 at a time.

Does anyone know how I can do any of this?

2. CactusFlower

CactusFlower Private E-2

Oh and PS I no longer can access the email account used to have a profile here over a decade ago so the email address on the account is going to be updated now before I log off. So if you never hear anything from me, it means I messed that up too :oops:
    But nevertheless, I WILL be here seeing if anyone offers assistance!

I also want to add that I ate a delicious meal recently in a really nice restaurant about 6 miles from the physical mailing address noted on this site. It was called Daniel's Grill.

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

4. CactusFlower

CactusFlower Private E-2

Thank you! The main thing I did not know was if it would only grab NEW incoming emails, or if when I set it up I can then save ALL the old emails in there to view. Your reply indicates it will do what I want. (I really would never need to USE the emails - like replying to the old ones - I just want to be able to ACCESS them for information. Again, thanks and I will take a looks at Mailstore. (Thunderbird sounds a bit confusing to me.)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds