Xbox 360 wireless reciever for PC

Discussion in 'Software' started by fattwinkie, Jun 12, 2011.

1. fattwinkie

fattwinkie Private E-2

Howdy!

Well I just bought a 360 wireless receiver for my computer so I can use my wireless 360 controller on my computer for games and such. Well what I didn't know was it was an off brand Japanese or Chinese one.

The CD that it came with for drivers is only for Windows XP (Tried in compatibility mode and no go) and the official drivers from Microsoft will not work with it :cry.

I was wondering if anyone has a fix for this or at least some type of driver that will work with this? Its too late to send it back (It was only $15 so not like a lost a ton but..still), and yeah, haha

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hello,
    You may want to try Windows Update and see if it recommends any drivers to install. Also, does it show up with and exclamation mark in Device Manager? If so, you can find the vendor and device ID in Properties and post them here.

[​IMG]

3. fattwinkie

fattwinkie Private E-2

I had tried Windows Updates, it couldn't find anything.

BUT

I did fix it, woot!

What I did was I started it in compatibility mode (I did it before it didn't work till now...), but instead in Windows Vista or XP, I did it as Windows Server 2008 (made a huge difference for some reason -_-). After that I manually located the driver for it from the list of drivers Windows gives. Chose it to be a common Windows USB driver or whatever it said, can't remember haha. After doing that everything worked like a charm. The weird part was I knew about the Windows Common USB thing but it never appeared as an option until I ran it as Server 2008.

Anyways, thanks tgell for the help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds