You Folks Sure are Quiet.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fred_G, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

7mm don't kick. Now, the 8mm Mauser, that sucker will rattle your teeth. :-D

The trick to buying ammo online is to buy in bulk, or buy from one of those ammo hoarders... I know a guy that loves to buy ammo. Nice guy, sells me ammo at a good price. Get to shoot at his farm also. :-D

If you need good 9mm, .40, .45ACP, and I think 5.56, OnTarget ammo is a good place. But you got to buy in bulk. Good peeps, met one of the owners at the last gun meeting we did.

http://getontargetammo.com/

I don't get this plotter thing you have. Must be some yankee mentality. Thing prints pichers and such. It don't plot. Must have confused the 110V with the 220V on time too many. :-D:-D

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Gots 'new' shotgun from the Pawn Shop. Remington 870 Wingmaster, 12ga 28" vent rib with modified choke. $150 plus tax... :-D Was a steal, was dirty as heck, and has some rust on the barrel I will have to take care of. But the insides cleaned up nice, and it is a pretty good looking gun. Ben shot a lot for sure. Meant to edit... Not quote myself, but my posts should be read twice anyway. ;)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  3. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Sure was - good find. IMO, the Wingmaster is one of the best utility shotguns ever produced, right up there with the Mossberg 500A. We used both in the service, in different configs - pretty much standard issue, which is a good thing...

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I got picts.

Attached Files:

5. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Sweet - I've seen much, much worse. A little TLC and you've found yourself a good, solid weapon there...:major

6. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

True. This gun has some life left in it. Even in it's uncleaned condition, the action is smoother than my 870 Express...

The bird of peace better watch out this fall. :-D

7. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

On CCL. There are actually statistics that show the more guns in an area, the lower the crime rate. Why? Because the Criminals feel less safe. Because they don't know who is carrying the ability to level the field and kill them.

As for Florida, whatever idiocy was perpetrated would have been perpetrated regardless of CCL. I recall some statistics that are a bit dated now stating that in the ten or so year history of CCL in Florida, a grand total of TWO permits had been revoked, for TECHNICAL violations. One guy had his when he went to a courthouse for something and forgot he wasn't supposed to carry in. And a woman had hers taken for carrying at an airport.

It also had statistics about thieves in Florida waiting at the airport and preying on tourist because those were the only ones they could be certain weren't carrying.

8. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Do you have any links to stats on CCL and crime rates? While I tend to agree with what you said, I was looking for some good statistics.

Funny about thieves and the airport. But, you do know, if you follow FAA regulations, you can check your gun in your luggage. Re arm in the bathroom, and off you go, as long as your CCL is reciprocated by the state you are in.

9. Serious Sam

Serious Sam Corporal

10. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Can any of you open any of the PDF's form this Texas state gubment link? http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/convrates.htm

For some reason, Foxit will not open them. Ahh, is working now. They show the number of convictions of different crimes, and then how many people with a CCL were convicted of the crime, and the %. That was what I was looking for, but nationally.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  11. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

Guess what, I failed the 70-685 by 53 points. Hardest test I've ever taken. I'm boning up for a second shot at the end of the month.

Smeg

12. cabbiinc

cabbiinc Staff Sergeant

Somehow I think this has got to be Lister's fault. Better luck next time.

13. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

To be fair, I was taking the exam while trying to fight off Sirens.

14. Serious Sam

Serious Sam Corporal

MS courses are really tough, you can have a "technically correct" answer & get it wrong. On the older tests, if you didn't choose "dbl click on my computer", you got it wrong.

15. abz1nthe

abz1nthe Command Sergeant Major

Work Work Work!

16. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

Just what I was told.
    I'd rather not find out if you catch my drift.;)

17. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

18. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

Pretty good. :-D I see you're brushing up for jeopardy. rolleyes

Could you expand on that a little bit? I'm just curious.

19. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

Hey, I notice you mentioned KelTec shortly before my post, and I hadn't seen it before.

I know someone who has a PF-9. A very nice little gun. Long take up before the actual trigger pull, and it's very jumpy. Still a nice gun for short range shooting though. I'd love to shoot some of their other guns though.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds