Did my post not make it through?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by bobniborg, Jan 15, 2009.

1. bobniborg

bobniborg Private E-2

I posted earlier today asking about server/hosting for a phbb2 board and was hoping to see some replies tonight as I got home from work but my post isn't here? Did I get spam filtered?

2. bobniborg

bobniborg Private E-2

weird, this post shows right up so I might as well ask my question (probably a computer issue at work with the original post)

Anyway, a message forum I use a lot has had lots of hosting/server issues. We usually get 30ish or so people on at a time but it goes up over 100 on big days (baseball forum so, trading deadline, big games, etc). We got godaddy as our current host and are having all sorts of problems with the board "hanging" and generally going slower or faster as it sees fit. We want to have a smooth running board but dont know how to go about it. Any help or ideas?

3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Welcome to MajorGeeks bobniborg!

Looks like your first post is here: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=179713

It is not the usual stuff that is posted, so it may take a little time before someone that knows about that stuff sees it and has time to respond.

What does the niborg in your name mean? I keep on hearing the theme song from the movie 'Heavy Metal' in my head now... :-D

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

welcome to majorgeeks :wave

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

6. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Welcome to Majorgeeks.com :)

I moved to your thread to another forum as linked by Fred_G as this is just the Welcome Forum and not designed for tech advice. You should get more advice with it being in the correct forum. How long that takes depends how often those who have the answer you are seeking log on to the site :)

7. :waveHyas welcome to the forum.......:wave

Maximus.....:major​

8. bobniborg

bobniborg Private E-2

Yep, it is from the movie Heavy Metal :) Oh wow man, good niborg (from the pile of "white stuff" that they sniff)

9. bobniborg

bobniborg Private E-2

Thanks, I looked at the different forums and wasnt sure. It is a bit of a weird question but the guys that run the site have tried to solve the issue through other means and haven't been able to... I figured someone here knew something. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds