About Me

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Gochenour, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Gochenour

Gochenour Private E-2

Hello! My name is Nick, Gochenour not only is my screen name, but my last, virtually giving away my identity but who gives a damn right? Anyways! I'm here because I'm having issues with stuff, and/or want to learn something or need help with computer management (often looking at stuff to download) I tend to try every possible way I know to fix my issue before going to forums like this, so don't expect to see much of me unless someone here has me hooked! Thanks for reading, I know how much you don't care, but a friendly introduction is always helpful when meeting new people.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's!! Good to have you aboard! :)

3. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Welcome to MajorGeeks! :cool:

4. Geek_Justin

Geek_Justin Corporal

Nice to meet you Nick. Welcome.

5. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

You cannot go wrong joining Major Geeks, and you can pick up so much from others here- particular interest to you should be Major Attitudes video help, and write ups-

https://forums.majorgeeks.com/forums/latest-videos-from-majorgeeks-youtube-channel.33/ There are 205 threads there to help with tweaking etc:
    For downloads - safe and virus scanned start here- I am sure you will find a comprehensive list from there, or, just type in what you are looking for in the search box half way up the left.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/index.php?ct=files

You may want to look at on-going threads in all sections, if you have not done so already.

Enjoy just perusing, but when you can , get a little involved on anything you have already a good knowledge of- and Nick--Welcome to Major geeks.

Gochenour likes this.
  6. Gochenour

Gochenour Private E-2

I feel truly initiated, thanks for the links and will do!

I love this site first off because the community, before I joined, seemed just flat out friendly and awesome. Secondly, I found more than a quarter of my information on this very website, I learned about Razer Products, as well as a few other now large tech brands ON THIS VERY SITE (<3 Razer Kraken btw) and it's always fun passing the time downloading a bunch of random software to mess with! Hope I can learn a lot from you guys, especially since I decided to start asking questions on here (take that as a compliment, I'm MAJORLY (heh...) set out to be a lone wolf, so I only ask for help when I need it.)

7. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

If you are going to test programs on your computer, you could save yourself a lot of hard ship,by installing Virtual Machine(s)
    You can test the programs on them, and simply delete the VM, if it gets into state. You can then install any good ones on your main Windows, if you like them.
    Personally, I found Windows own version a bit of a pain- but I use Oracle Virtualbox
    You willfind som intersting views, and ideas here
    https://forums.majorgeeks.com/threa...ith-oracle-vm-virtualbox.317642/#post-2003806

Gochenour likes this.
  8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey Nick welcome to the forums
    I did the same on an earlier incarnation of Majorgeeks (Tweekfiles) said just here to learn a few things have a few issues sorted and wont see me again much, ahhhh well 20yrs+ later.....

9. Gochenour

Gochenour Private E-2

Glad to see that this website has served you well for so long! Hopefully it'll be the same for me. Might be using it as a resource for my senior project! x3

DavidGP likes this.
  10. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey Nick if we can help you just have to ask as many of our members are from different backgrounds and not all IT related, but have a passion for IT, take mine, I have dealt with IT from the 80s but in both the photo industry (Kodak) and now medial ophthalmology research with a heavy emphasis on imaging. SO you will get a wealth of opinions.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds