Acer crystal eye webcam program problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by Superkai, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Superkai

Superkai Private E-2

so i have a acer aspire 6920g and i just reformated and reinstalled all the drivers but the program that acer has for the webcam doesnt detect the webcam i have reinstalled and uninstalled vista does detect the driver for the webcam and has no problem installing the driver any suggestions?

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. Superkai

Superkai Private E-2

do have both those already installed reinstalled and tried it again too just to make sure

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

My built in webcam on my eeepc needs to be enabled in the BIOS otherwise it appears to not work. Have you looked in the BIOS to see if the webcam is detected and enabled?

5. Superkai

Superkai Private E-2

that wouldnt make sense if vista is detecting the webcam but the program doesnt so that doesnt solve it and i even checked just to make sure it is enabled

6. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

I've worked on laptops where the wireless adapter is installed, seen in Device Manager as working but won't work until the physical switch is flipped on. I think it depends on which bus the device is connected to, in this instance, I think the webcam is connected internally to USB.

Device Manager > View > Show hidden devices - anything flagged as having a problem there (apart from PS/2 compatible mouse)?

7. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

It seems to happen alot on acer webcams I too had this problem with a acer laptop, You have to find the right driver that detects the webcam I complained numerous times to acer about this problem and even they sent me a driver disk which still didnt work in th end I ended up sending the laptop back and getting my money back.

Acer at the moment are not in my good books :(

8. Superkai

Superkai Private E-2

ya acer doesnt have the greatest support but this seems to probably be something really stupid cause its a webcam? like come on

9. Superkai

Superkai Private E-2

so since no of those ideas work would there be any good free wedcam capturing software?

10. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What version Vista do you have in is it x86 or x64 Vista you are using?

In device manager do you have any yellow ! marks and if so what are they next too?

as to the question of alternative software you could use ooVoo and see if that works but if the device driver for the camera is not being recognised then this software may also not recognise the camera.

11. Superkai

Superkai Private E-2

my camera is recognize properly in my device manager no i dont have any yellow ! im running vista 32 bit

12. Superkai

Superkai Private E-2

it works fine with that but thats just like skype i need a webcam picture program

13. Superkai

Superkai Private E-2

well that program detects it fine but just doesnt take picture? its like skype

14. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

Hello There,

For those who experiencing webcam problems with Acer, you could give this site a try as all driver downloads are here.

it's Acer's support website you just put in your make and model of your computer and it comes up with the relevant drivers.

Here is the link http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/downloads_gd.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds