AcroRd32.exe Application Error

Discussion in 'Software' started by mikehairfield, Jun 5, 2013.

1. mikehairfield

mikehairfield Private E-2

I keep getting this error message when I close out of a program

"Instruction at 0x7c911389 referenced at 0x00000010 the memory could
    not be read"

I'm using Windows XP Professional.

Thanks,

Mike Hairfield

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

What make and model of computer do you have and does this error message only show up when using Acrobat Reader or with other apps? Does it happen after you come out of your screen saver or on startup?

The answers you provide will help guide us in recommending a course of action.

3. mikehairfield

It's a Dell Dimension E510, it shows up when I close out of any program not just
    Acrobat Reader.

Mike

4. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

You may have some type of malware on your computer. I've read about people using an application called Combofix to try to remove the malware but many have had problems using the application.

I'm recommending you head over to the Malware Removal section of the forums and go to the "Read Me First" thread before posting a new thread there.

5. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

What is your Adobe Reader version? Can you open it by itself? If so, try disabling Protected Mode [Edit | Preferences | Security (Enhanced)].

6. mikehairfield

Adobe Reader XI, tried your suggestion and I still get the error message

7. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

I missed this part; you really should check your system for malware, as suggested earlier.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds