1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advaned System Care Free

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nick T, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

I need some Majorgeek opinions. I have a couple of friends that swear by Advanced System Care Free. They are absolutely sure that their computers are faster and have a snappier response than before using ASC. So my question is. Is there any true advantage to using ASC ? Thanks

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Nick T likes this.
  3. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

I would use its basic cleaning functions but not its Optimise as that has the distinction of being the only software I have used that has badly crippled my system. Admittedly that was a few years ago but I have never used it since.

Nick T likes this.
  4. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Thanks Eldon, I've never tried it because like you said it's either loved or hated and I've heard both sides.
    Thanks Earthling, I think I may fire up that refurbished I have sitting in the closet and test it out. Thanks again y'all.

5. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 Sergeant Major

Also, be careful if you have Malwarebytes installed as this flags ASC as PUP's and automatically quarantines the product files and everything associated with it.

Nick T likes this.
  6. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Thanks sexyandy81, good to know, but this particular machine has Zemana Antimalware free on it so I'll find out what happens.

7. baklogic

baklogic MajorGeek

I think everyone has covered the main points- I have used it for some time,and on many laptops, and a few pc's.
    Personally, I think it is that good that I would recommend it, and keep in mind the points raised from all geeks previous on this thread.
    I use the professional version on my laptop, along with the free version of it's driver booster, defrag, and malware fighter.

8. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Thanks for the input baklogic, I went and installed the latest free version and so far it doesn't seem too bad, I do see a little improvement on speed, and nothing bad has happened so far. So I guess I'll hang on to it for a bit and see what happens.

baklogic likes this.