Apple satisfaction a surprise? LOL

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DOA, Mar 14, 2015.

1. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

http://www.dailytech.com/Apple+700+...99+Percent+Satisfaction+Rate/article37229.htm
    I had to laugh at this. People pay extra for the iPhone, know exactly what they are getting and are satisfied. DUH!
    It's not like this is an unbiased group, on the contrary, they are not at all a cross section of phone users like Android gets. New users generally don't want to pay extra and unless you wait in line at an Apple store you are steered away from the iPhone (at least I was at our three local retailers when I was looking).

Anyway, I thought this review humorous because the reviewer was surprised.
    Most of the comments don't get it either.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I have a 99.9% satisfaction rate with my Fiat cars, they have a history but for me they have been good. Is it a bias group well yes.... FIAT lovers will deal with the foibles of owning an Italian car.

Downside this that link is that it links to dailytech links, for statistics, I'd want independent ones.

JD power for instance

I dunno as statistics can be skewed to a positive even if the outlier is negative, we need really to drill down t metrics as in how good are updates, the apps etc ?

I agree with you on the reviewer and they don't really know statistic and tech.

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

They are surprised because it is probably an inflated number, and far higher than previous years by the tune of almost 20%. I'd question any company that claims nearly 100% satisfaction, especially since Apple has been known to provide dubious numbers in their keynotes.

This is from December, and you can now see why there was surprise:

http://www.dailytech.com/Survey+Sam...n+Apple+Continues+to+Plummet/article37042.htm

4. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

I just posted it for laughs. Just to say polls can be off.
    I had 110% satisfaction with my Fiat X19, bought it for $1300, drove it a year and did nothing but tires, oil and gas, sold it for $1400.
    The iPhone 6 made a lot of people happy with Apple again.

5. DavidGP

I agree DOA and we see likely like you in the USA, TV adverts where hair products say 90% of users love this product but the sample size was 200, thats no statistic, you need 1000s

I could ask 10 users of Majorgeeks if they like the site and pick 10 core users, they will say 100% they love the site, so we could state 100% of users like Majorgeeks and in small print from 10 users.

Ohhh now a Fiat X19 neat, wasnt green was it?

6. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Black with silver pin stripes. Very pretty and friendly car - if you are flexible enough to get into it.

7. DavidGP

Black and Pinstripes nice!!!!
    Have an pics BTW as love to see it a I love Italian cars and have had 7 Fiats over the years including a Stilo Abarth! 2.4lt 5 cyl monster, now have a sedate Fiat 500 Sport.

8. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Cannot find the Fiat pics right now and Pantera pics are in another MG topic. Will re-post if necessary.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds