Asking help on behalf of my son... -

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ®KIM, Jan 19, 2008.

1. ®KIM

®KIM Private First Class

Asking help on behalf of my son... -

Hello again, and although we are already deep into January, I would nonetheless like to still wish all of you everything of the best for 2008!!!

My son and his wife had to return from new Zealand very suddenly due to totally unforseen circumstances - Connie has cancer and being too expensive to treat in NZ, had to return to S.A., hence they have very little resources until Mark can get work again in the IT trade. So I have a VERY big favour to ask of you good people, please...

...Mark's external HD crashed and there is data he urgently needs to recover without any crippling costs attached - are there any good free recovery programs available that I can pass on to him and which he can apply to recover the data he needs? I will be most grateful for any help with this problem.

Grateful thanks in anticipation.

K.

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi Kim

Sorry to hear about your daughter in law (?). I hope treatment is successful.

Here is a whole list of Data Recovery downloads. Some are free, some are shareware. You'll need to go through them and see which matches your needs. A lot of them are just for recovering files that were deleted from the recycle bin, but some recover them from your HD.

http://majorgeeks.com/downloads38.html

3. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

4. ®KIM

®KIM Private First Class

Thank you very much for the info - I shall pass it on to him!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds