Asus g2s display not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shekat, Feb 3, 2012.

1. shekat

shekat Private E-2

Asus G2s display not working have Black screen. I can hear it trying to boot up but it just keeps looping. Can't get any of the fn key to work can't even get to the bois. Have checked the hard drive and ram are fine. I used the power 4 gear to change the power setting. So then the next time i went to use i got this problem. Any body have any thing to try? thanxs :confused

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

For reference

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Features/Power4Gear

Hmmm I'm not familiar with the software but by the sound of it can modify power features through bios settings,if this is the case and it has messed one of the settings up you may need a bios reset,in any case a bios reset is the course of action I would choose,to reset the bios you will probably have to disassemble the notebook,if your lucky the cmos battery will be under one of the add in card slots or the hard drive bay in which case just disconnect all power including the main battery,remove coin shaped battery for 20 secs,replace then try to power up.

To find out where the battery is you will have to download the service manual from the Asus site and read the dissassembly instructions,if your stuck or need help undertstanding the manual or my post don't hesitate to post back:)

For kicks though first remove the main battery and try to power up with just the power supply and then just on the battery.

Welcome to the forum:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds