Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AbbySue, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

OMG.. I think you're catching on! :)

2. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

Yay! :-D

3. mickeblue

mickeblue Private E-2

Spoil sport! I've got a couple of 64KB images I was planning to use :-D... how's about animated avatars? that would be cool!

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Think you can still use anim gifs, dont think we changed this to not allow them, and I did use one years back.

5. mickeblue

mickeblue Private E-2

Hey so we can! I probably got bogged down by the size of the files... my better av's are at least 64MB's :-D. This thing was a competition entry at Paintshop.Pro where 5 primary colours had to be used to create an image... nothing like a bit of tiling!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  6. DavidGP

Neat! glad it still works, and a small explanation of why some items like signature images/urls etc are not allowed here or the size of avatars is restricted, basically in signature and avatars its more to keep the forum running smooth for all users, not everyone is on broadband, so for instance if we allowed say signature images, some threads that are long would take an age for those on dialup or slow BBand to load.

URLs in signature lines just opens up a whole world of spammers being able to use that area for clickable links.

7. mickeblue

mickeblue Private E-2

So no 'capitals'? :)

8. DavidGP

I'm having a slow brain day today... so just explain that a tad more?

9. mickeblue

mickeblue Private E-2

in the light of a new day I can't believe I went down that road... medieval thought on my part...

10. DavidGP

Happens at times, guess one of those had to be there moments.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds