Avaya IP Office Manager (R8.1) - Hunt Groups

Discussion in 'Software' started by 152217, Jun 21, 2013.

1. 152217

152217 Private E-2

The guy that used to handle our Telecom has just resigned suddenly, and is no longer reachable. All he left me (SR Tech) was the "Avaya IP Office R8.1 Manager" installation files and the administrative username and password. I've gotten in, and figured out how to change a few user's names to the correct extension, but can't seem to figure out much more. (I've never worked with VOIP before, and got tasked with this: ) Today, my boss tells me that we are creating a new division among our R&D department, and wants to adjust the call groups accordingly. On one hand, they still want their extensions to be reachable from the main number, and also be able to call the department from a new line, and if nobody answers to send it to the receptionist at the main line.

I have no clue where to start...anyone care to give me a quick explanation of how to do this?

My Google searches returned things about hunt groups, but none explaining how to set it up.

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

I mean this the nicest way possible, but its really easy to **** up an ip phone system if your not 100% aware of what your doing. You need to find a consultant or professional to take over and set this up until you can either go to avaya and get your self or another staff member trained and certified. Phones problems can cause your business money very quickly if mistakes happen. Avaya is fairly simple once you learn the quirks, but you gotta learn them.

3. 152217

152217 Private E-2

I do realize that they are easily messed up, however, it is not an option to hire third party due to current financial constraints....

Any basic instruction would be appreciated.

4. 152217

152217 Private E-2

I have accomplished this, but now cannot figure out how to set my voicemail greeting.
    I set a short code to access the hunt group voicemail and have recorded the greeting. I did wait after recording and hit three for saving it. When calling the outside number using my cell phone, it still uses the default greeting.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds