1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baby It's Cold Outside

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TimW, Dec 28, 2017.

1. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Looks like we will be schlepping in firewood and all the mess that it entails. Getting too old for this! :(

2. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeek

I'm leaving for Pa. next Wednesday, from Florida. I don't think you can buy the clothes you need to stay warm in down here. Only a 3 day job, but I'll be on a roof with a crane setting equipment! What can I carry or get to keep warm up there?

3. TimW

Buffalo hide and electric socks!!

4. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeek

I'm thinking electric socks, gloves and jacket. I wonder if DeWalt makes all 3!?

5. TimW

And two sweat shirts, a wool hat, thermal underwear.....

6. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeek

I find things like these on line, but no chance of finding such in stores here and I don't believe I'll get anything delivered on time. Can things be gotten in a general hardware or clothing store there? The boss is going to be as cold as us so he'll probably be glad to spring for it!

http://www.staywarmed.com

7. TimW

Better bet would be a sporting goods store.

8. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeek

I'm already wearing that down here and last week I couldn't stand it. Cold!!

9. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeek

Good idea!

10. katkat

katkat Major kittykat

You need to dress in 2 0r 3 layers then your coat. It helps retain body heat.

11. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Wow! :eek:
    Last month ours was $17.50.

Forecast for the next 14 days...
    Weather.jpg