Base System Device (Exclamation Error in CP > Device Manager)

Discussion in 'Software' started by ExOxE, Apr 5, 2013.

1. ExOxE

ExOxE Corporal

Hello Fellow Geekers,

I am really at my wits end trying to find out what is going on with my new laptop and its hardware, Its a brand new Acer Aspire V3-571G Laptop, the 2GB Dedicated NVidia GeForce 640M GPU, Alongside the normal Intel HD 4000 Display Adaptor.

Overall, I like the laptop, but I cannot seem to fix this Base System Device issue, I have gone to Acers website and downloaded EVERY driver their is, and installed every single one that is required by my system specification, however, the base system device error just wont disappear, I have tried searching high and low with google, to see if I can find anyone else with the same or similar issue, but absolutely no luck, it gets to me that much after spending countless hours and nights trying to study the problem, that I eventually have to stop, and walk away for a while and leave it alone, otherwise I will probably break the basted thing, its annoying me that much, I am just hoping its not a defective issue with the laptops mainboard or something.

Also, I cannot flash my BIOS, I tried doing that using the latest BIOS image offered by Acer for my specific model laptop, but it says its not for an BIOS Upgrade, which I don't quite understand, but I tried flashing anyway, no luck, the bios is still dated for early 2012.

I am running Windows 8 Professional (Legit Version from MS) and I have applied ALL system updates via MS Windows Update.

Does anyone know what it could be? or any suggestion on trying to find out what it is exactly?

My system specs are as follows (I don't have the Bluetooth though, so I didn't install the Bluetooth drivers ofcourse)

Acer Aspire V3-571G (NVidia 2GB Geforce 640M Version)
    15.6" HD LED LCD Display
    Intel Core i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz
    4GB DDR3 Memory
    750GB Hard Disk Drive (Toshiba MK7559GSXP)
    DVD Super Multi DL Drive (Pioneer DVD-RW - DVRTD11RS)
    Display Adaptor 1 - Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Display Adaptor 2 - nVidia GeForce GT 640M
    HD Webcam
    Acer Nplify 802.11a/g/n + BT 4.0
    6-Cell Li-ion battery

If you go here - http://www.acer.com.au/ac/en/AU/content/drivers and then input my laptop model V3-571G and select Windows 8 64-Bit (Non-Upgrade Version), then it will display all the drivers I have downloaded.

Basically what I did was do a complete fresh format, then did a fresh install of my Windows 8 Professional DVD, I did the default install, only changing my timezone, etc

Then I went through the final setup, selecting an offline account for myself as the default, and setup my broadband in no time.

Once that was all complete, I hooked up my USB 3.0 2TB HDD which contains all the latest drivers I just got earlier from Acers website for my model laptop, and installed everything one by one and restarting as required.

Then checking the device manager, this error is still there, so I don't know what I am doing wrong, I have tried contacting Acer support Australia regarding this but its been well over a month and I haven't received a single reply what so ever.

And I know most of you guys really know your stuff, I have been out of it for quite some time (Marriage, kids, responsibilities, sadly developed severely life threatening health issues, etc)

So you can understand why I haven't been around for the past 8+ years since good ole 3DFiles, and only able to pop in now and again, its mainly because I end up back in hospital for months at a time literally (Totally fedup with it too!)

So any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated, also, if you have any recommendations about getting more performance out of my machine, please let me know.

Also, if you know how I can upgrade my BIOS or where to get an official BIOS update that will update, I would also be greatly thankful.

Kindest Regards,

David Giles
    NT Australia!

Attached Files:

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds