Belkin F5D7000 and Windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by Clev, May 3, 2010.

1. Clev

Clev Private E-2

Hi all,

I just upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) and am trying to install a Belkin F5D7000 Wireless G PCI adapter. Belkin doesn`t offer Windows 7 support or drivers for the card. I have the v8000 edition of the card. For other versions, I`ve managed to find compatible drivers through a google search, but I haven`t had any luck with the V8000 specifically. It`s using the Atheros AR2417 chipset if that`s any help. If anyone could suggest an alternate driver that might work, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Try this and click Start > type Device Manager into start search box to load that up then double click the yellow ! for this device in Networking or unknown devices and then click the Driver tab and click Update Driver, pick Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, in the left hand window choose Atheros Communications Inc (must be this one and not just Atheros as there are two listings) then in the left window choose Belkin Wireless A/G Desktop Network Card click NEXT and install the driver.

Could work as it should be the same Atheros chip.

This Vista driver could work also as again its the same chip and the maker does list Windows 7 compatability http://www.sweex.com/en/assortiment/internet-networking/lan-cards/lw056v2

Atheros Communications Inc. and then Belkin Wireless A/G Desktop Network Card

Also do post if the above doesnt work and gofo Device Manager and In Device Manager, you have the unknown device error or the network card with a yellow ! mark? double click the device to open its properties, then click the Details tab and then in the Property dropdown choose Hardware Ids and copy and paste the text in your next post.

3. Clev

Clev Private E-2

Already gave both of those methods a try. With the Belkin Wireless A/G Desktop Network Card driver, I get a "This device cannot start (Code 10)" error message. The Vista driver didn't work for me either. Thanks for the suggestions though!

4. Clev

Clev Private E-2

Whoops, forgot to post the Hardware-ID info:

ACPI\ATK0110
    *ATK0110

5. DavidGP

Hi

Just in case your replied just before I added the bottom paragraph, here it is again as looking at this model, it seems there maybe multiple chips on it from various wifi OEMs from Ralink to Realtek.

Also do post if the above doesnt work and goto Device Manager and In Device Manager, you have the unknown device error or the network card with a yellow ! mark? double click the device to open its properties, then click the Details tab and then in the Property dropdown choose Hardware Ids and copy and paste the text in your next post.

6. DavidGP

Hi

Guess we crossing posts, dont see anything listing for that in relation to wifi card as thats the ACPI driver.

Was hoping for soemthing like this PCI\VEN_11AB&DEV_4364&SUBSYS_81F81043&REV_12
    not a Wifi card its LAN but the data should look like that for a Hardware ID. Any other yellow ! marks in Device Manager, not just the wifi card btu any?

7. Clev

Clev Private E-2

That's the only yellow ! mark I'm getting, and that's all that shows up under Hardware Ids. I tried taking the card out and then starting the computer up, and the device with the yellow ! disappears, then reappears when I shut down, put the card back in and restart (I did this to make sure it was actually the card that was showing up in the device manager list).

8. DavidGP

Hi

Not finding sadly any other drivers that may work apart from the Vista Belkin supplied ones off their website support, could work. Will keep looking though.

9. Clev

Clev Private E-2

I already tried the Vista ones from the site; no such luck unfortunately. I think I'll just give up and buy another wireless card at this point. Thanks for all the help though!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds