Bluetooth RFBUS cannot start

Discussion in 'Software' started by dnahotep, Jul 22, 2015.

1. dnahotep

dnahotep Private E-2

Hello! I need help with my laptop.

ASUS G74SX
    Win 7

Everything is fine except for my Bluetooth. Per the Device Manager, the Bluetooth RFBUS "device cannot start (Code 10)". I tried researching for the correct drivers and I believe I found them here (Toshiba Bluetooth drivers). Then I uninstalled the current drivers and installed the Bluetooth driver and then the stack (Atheros Bluetooth Filter Driver Package & Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba), but to no avail. I tried re-installing the Bluetooth drivers from the ASUS website for my laptop as well, but received the error that "The existed ProductVersion is higher than your ProductVersion. Installation quit." I don't know what the heck that means.

Can I get some assistance with fixing this issue. Any additional information you need can definitely be provided upon request. Thanks!

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. dnahotep

dnahotep Private E-2

I'm not quite sure what kind of hardware I have. Per the Device Manager, the Bluetooth RFBUS, Bluetooth RFCOMM & Bluetooth USB Controller-12 are all manufactured from TOSHIBA. Where can I find the kind of Bluetooth hardware I have?

4. plodr

5. dnahotep

dnahotep Private E-2

Cool! Well, if I'm looking at this thing right, it's telling me that I have an Intel Centrino Wireless-N160. So, I went to the ASUS website and installed the most current version of the Bluetooth drivers, but I'm still getting the same Code 10 error in the Device Manager. What am I doing wrong?

6. plodr

Try the older driver.

7. dnahotep

dnahotep Private E-2

So....I uninstalled the newer drivers and replaced them with the older drivers and they do appear to be working. Or at least, there are no more Bluetooth errors. But now I got a Code 28 error for the Intel Centrino Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150 basically saying the drivers for it aren't installed. On the ASUS website, which drivers do I have to install next?

8. plodr

Since wireless is mentioned in the error message, I'd assume wireless drivers are needed.
    Two WiMax drivers are shown under the 7 wireless drivers. Again, I try the oldest first.

9. dnahotep

dnahotep Private E-2

Well, I installed the drivers as instructed and it appears, per the Device Manager, that I have all of the functional drivers installed and the "device working properly". :clap

But it looks like I have a new dilemma.

When I go to "Bluetooth Settings" and click the button for a "New Connection", it tells me that the "Bluetooth is not ready". So, next I go to Options and Click the button to change the Bluetooth device status to "Enable", I get the message, "Please plug in the Bluetooth device and click OK button". And finally I checked the Intel ProSet/Wireless WiMax app and it showed the WiMax was turned off. I attempted to turn it back on and the message I get says "Wifi and WiMax cannot operate at the same time. Turning on WiMax will disconnect and turn off WiFi. You can always turn WiFi back on from this application's WiFi menu."

I am totally stumped. :banghead

Is this a software issue? Or because the Device Manager shows everything is functional, does that make it a hardware issue?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds