Buggy Adwcleaner 7.2.2?

Discussion in 'Malware Help - Public (Anyone Can Post & Respond)' started by StruldBrug, Jul 18, 2018.

1. StruldBrug

StruldBrug Sergeant

Downloaded and ran this newest version this morn and got over 200 registry hits! Previously, I've had zero hits for the past year with prior versions. I've done nothing recently to create what I see today. I'm sure they are all false positives after running clean Mbam and RogueKiller scans. I notice new FP posts at M'Bytes today.
    https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/187-malwarebytes-adwcleaner/
    So, I suggest keeping version 7.2.1 handy until the dust settles.

Eldon likes this.
  2. StruldBrug

StruldBrug Sergeant

Update: I just checked M'Bytes forum and indication is the developers are working the issue. It seems the new version was hitting on some of the SpywareBlaster restricted sites list. The short fix is to use the AdwC exclusion feature. In case you need the previous ver 7.2.1, its still up at Bleeping https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

satrow likes this.
  3. StruldBrug

StruldBrug Sergeant

Nothing new from M'Bytes. yet. My guess it will be in a new version, which I don't expect to happen too soon. AdwCleaner doesn't seem to be one of their priorities. Meanwhile, another short fix is to disable all SpywareBlaster protections prior to running AdwCleaner. I tested this and it works. Of course one could always uninstall SpywareBlaster. However, I don't recommend this as long as IE is in the system.

4. StruldBrug

StruldBrug Sergeant

5. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

StruldBrug likes this.
  6. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

StruldBrug and satrow like this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds