Can We Have Some Thing Done About A Year Or Older Threads.

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Anon-469e6fb48c, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

Can we have some thing done about threads that are over a year old please.

If they get locked after a year than there is no worries about others bringing up threads that are over a year old or longer.

How about a timer or some thing that locks a thread after a year of no messages.

I know i am not the only one but there are people that tend to bring up threads that are 5 years old or older.And some of use don't look at the dates.And tend to leave a message.

They need to be locked.Be cause it can get frustrating leaving a post on a year old thread and seeing the next day that its that old.

Eldon likes this.
  2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

We aren't set up that way. That's what the report post button is for. If there are any threads you see that someone posts in that that comes in to play, please report it.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi toy'd with that idea a few years back as I know some forums do, but as Laura mentioned just report we can de-merge and close.

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

There are more times a response is warranted than not. Also, there's no such option, otherwise I would have implemented it already.

DavidGP likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds