Certain Websites Won't Load

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Chronicler, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Chronicler

Chronicler Private E-2

I seem to be having a problem with certain websites loading. Many websites (Download.com, Slashdot.org, Facebook, to name a few) wont load at all. I have noticed that when they stop loading my browser (IE7) is displaying Waiting for (Insert Web Page Here) next to the load bar. My computer (IBM Laptop running XP SP2) was recently infected with some spyware/viruses i removed with Spyware doctor (With Anti-Virus). My problem seemed to have occured after I had removed the infections and I'm beginning to think mabye something was left behind or altered during the process.

So far I have Cleared all my internet cache files and cookies and whatnot, reset all the settings for IE7, disabled all firewalls (Have none but the windows one) and antivirus/spyware programs. I have also updated everything (Flash, Java, ect.) I can think of.

So please Help me this problem is driving me crazy.

2. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

If you had a virus or similar and this started after, if you have any doubts then i think you should go through

Read & Run me First

in the malware forums, atleast you can rule that out and clean your pc in the process :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds