Comp resets with Fatal and Non Fatal Errors while playing MW2?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lungah13, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lungah13

Lungah13 Private E-2

Hello all, I am very confused by this problem and not sure if its the game causing it or what. It only seems to happen while I play this game tho.

Ok so when I play Modern Warfare 2 single player mode more then Multiplayer Online Mode, but has happened on online mode aswell. My PC will just go to black screen and reset.

Now during reset right before the bios screen option I get a list of fatal and non fatal errors.They are

922 Fatal error on Front side Bus 1
    F2Err: Unsupported Processor bus Transaction

927 Non Fatal error on Front side Bus 1
    F8Err: Detected BINIT from Processor
    F7Err: Detected MCERR from Processor

927 Non Fatal error on Front side Bus 0
    F8Err: Detected BINIT from Processor
    F7Err: Detected MCERR from Processor

Here is some of my system info. Please let me know if need more and the easiest way to find it as I am still learning. Thank You

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: HP xw8400 Workstation
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard 786D5 v02.37, 7/9/2009
    SMBIOS Version 2.5
    System Type X86-based PC

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5345 @ 2.33GHz (8 CPUs)
    Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11 GenuineIntel ~2327 Mhz
    Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11 GenuineIntel ~2327 Mhz

Memory: 3328MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA Quadro FX 4600
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: Quadro FX 4600
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Driver Version: 6.14.0011.9178 (English)
    DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
    Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Any ideas would help greatly. Thank you in advance

2. 00bad

00bad Private E-2

Re: Help me please! I can't figure this out

Have you tried updating all of your system drivers including your video card driver to the latest available drivers.

It could be because you might be using old drivers while trying to play a newer game which could cause instability throughout your computer.

Second you could try to defragment your hard drive (use Auslogics Disk Defrag) which can be downloaded at:
    http://majorgeeks.com/Auslogics_Disk_Defrag_d5266.html

But before you defragment your hard drive, you will want to clean all the gunk out by using Ccleaner downloaded at:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/CCleaner_Slim_d4191.html
    Also, go to start menu => accessories => system tools => disk cleanup and run disk cleanup on your C: drive.

Third, you could try cleaning and defragmenting your registry. Try using Advanced SystemCare Free downloaded at:
    http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5927
    Also, check out CCleaner's registry cleaner built right in. It too, does an excellent job cleaning the registry. I would use both of them.

By the way, what name brand computer is this? A model number would help too.

3. Lungah13

Lungah13 Private E-2

Thank you for the response. I have finished going thru all my drivers and they are all up to date, but one and I cant seem to find a driver for it and it has a yellow ! next to it showing me its not working. When I try to update it, it cant find the driver.

Its under SCSI and RAID controllers and labeled as such

AF3VBYC5 IDE Controller

Now for the other parts. I hear different things about CCleaner some good some bad. So not sure if its the right move and my computer was made for me so its not to say a brand name. Unless I am confused by your question. Sorry for the confusion I am still learning.

4. Lungah13

Lungah13 Private E-2

Anyway for me to change title to

Comp resets with Fatal and Non Fatal Errors while playing MW2?

5. Lungah13

Lungah13 Private E-2

So I just tried playing it again this time on multiplayer and ran fine for about 1 hour, but then the restart only this time was different. During restart I did not see any fatal or non fatal errors. Only to log in and find Microsoft Windows the system has recovered from a serious error.

Error signature
    BCCode: 100000ea
    BCP1: 881980F8
    BCP2: 880A8008
    BCP3: B851BCBC
    BCP4: 00000001
    OSVer: 5_1_2600
    SP: 3_0
    Product: 256_1

Just dont understand any of this. Why does it only happen when I play MW2, or is this just coincidence. Not sure, but will drive me insane soon enough :p

6. jbutner

jbutner Private E-2

tried updating direct x? maybe reinstalling?

7. Lungah13

Lungah13 Private E-2

Yes, I have the latest directx 9.0c installed and just to make sure went to the site and went to download and it confirmed I have the latest one.

Thanks tho :)

8. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

You know how when you start your computer it says "Setup" and "Boot Options"? Strike whatever key it says for Boot Options, then find something that says "Diagnostics"

9. Lungah13

Lungah13 Private E-2

zDawg what am I actually doing or looking for when I go into boot options then into diagnostics. I am confused by your comment, if you dont mind giving me more info about this it would help alot. Thank you and sorry about this still trying to learn alot

10. Lungah13

Lungah13 Private E-2

Anyone else have an idea? If not anyone else know anymore websites I could try and look for help? I would greatly appreciate it thank you :)

11. onlinepp

onlinepp Private E-2

Hi, I had the exact same issue with my xw8400, not playing MW2 but whilst using Avid Symphony Nitris (as we are a post production company working in film and tv). I solved this problem by reseating the two PCI-x cards in slots 6+7, i assume it was caused when it took a knock the other day but reseating this and the RAM solved the problems for me. hope this helps!
    -Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds