Copilot Ai

Discussion in 'Software' started by oz_wwjd, Mar 10, 2024.

1. oz_wwjd

oz_wwjd Private E-2

Today Mircosoft Copilot seems to have installed itself on my system. I have no use for a AI so is there a way to permanently remove it,as room on my main boot-up drive is tight and I might need that space in the future? I have disabled it in regedit but I'd prefer to be able to remove all traces of it.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. HarryPotter

HarryPotter MajorGeek

In addition to what plodr said, I recommend that you compress data on your boot drive. To compress a folder, right-click it, click Properties, click Advanced, click Compress Contents then Apply. I compressed data on a Win7/64 laptop before but had problems compressing Windows\. :( I got Access Denied errors and was told I need to supply Administrator privileges. Also, somebody here told me not to compress that folder, stating that such would cause problems during startup. I'm pretty sure compressing certain subfolders such as Fonts and Desktop wouldn't pose a problem. I ask the people here to tell me how I can get around the Access Denied errors compressing them. If you want to compress better than Microsoft's technique, you can use WinMount. It is an archiver that allows you to mount an archive file as a virtual drive. I don't remember the URL, but try Googling "winmount archiver." Does all this help

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds