Difficulties With Totalav Antivirus

Discussion in 'Software' started by equinoxlm64, Mar 22, 2023.

1. equinoxlm64

equinoxlm64 Private E-2

I recently had installed TotalAV on my laptop, after about a month it began telling me I wasn't protected unless I purchased the full version. I uninstalled it using iobit uninstaller, afterwards I noticed I no longer had the new folder option available to me. I restored my computer to before the uninstall and the option was back. I tried the uninstall again using the programs uninstall feature and once more new folder option missing. I email totalav's support but got no response. I did attempt to fix the new option feature before the restore but none of the recommended fixes worked. I need to remove the antivirus and return to my favourite one, but don't know how without losing folder options. Has anyone else had this problem? My laptop is running windows 10, 64 bit.

2. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

IMO I would uninstall TotalAV and run Windows Defender it's a lot better Antivirus Software and it's totally free.

plodr likes this.
  3. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

If you a trying to uninstall the program then i would use revo uninstaller or iobit uninstaller to see if that will uninstall it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds