Do I Need To Prep A Samsung 128gb Ssd After Using The Samsung Magician App To Wipe The Drive?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mcduke, Jan 9, 2018.

1. mcduke

mcduke Corporal

I had a 128gb samsung ssd given to me. I used the samsung magician app to wipe it and the app also checked the condition of the ssd (which is good).
    I'm giving it to a friend of mine so he can use it for games ( non essential stuff in case the ssd fails considering it's used ). After using the samsung app to wipe the drive is there anything I need to do to it to prep it for his computer, or can I just connect it and it's all ready to use? He'll keep windows 10 on his present hard drive.

2. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

Plug it in and go.
    FTR, I would put much more trust and faith in a used SSD than I would a hard drive.

3. mcduke

mcduke Corporal

It seems to be working great so thanks for you help. Always appreciated.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds