Does anyone know the url for the "Cicero" website?, I can't find it on google

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by superstar, Dec 9, 2006.

1. superstar

superstar Major-Superstar

I have a "Cicero" computer that I am trying to fix but I need to know what the url for this computer company. Preferably "Cicero Canada" since this is a canadian model. I've been searching google and can't find it. Maybe they go under a different company name?

2. SweatyBanana

SweatyBanana Private E-2

The newer models appear to be made under a new name; Medion.

I found a link that was the support contact on Medions which was EHS (It said to contact EHS..)

www.ehscomputersales.com was the only computer related thing I could find that contained EHS.

3. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> I have a "Cicero" computer that I am trying to fix but I need to know what the URL for this computer company. Preferably "Cicero Canada" since this is a Canadian model. I've been searching google and can't find it. Maybe they go under a different company name? <<

How old is the Cicero computer that you’re having a problem with? The older Cicero models had an infamous problem with capacitor in the power supply going kaput and then frying the motherboard.

Primarily Futureshop.ca in Canada sold those "older models" of Cicero computers online. However Futureshop didn't manufacture the "older" Cicero computers. At that time the third party Canadian based company Seanix did. Seanix builds for a lot computer parts for other retailers too. Their Canadian website is Seanix.com.

The newer, more recent models of Cicero brand computers are "under new ownership." The international company called Medion, which is a German company, which sells multimedia PCs, and consumer electronics products currently manufacture them. In North America, many of the Medion manufactured comps are selling in Best Buy stores.

Anyway, since currently Cicero is the "brand name" under which Medion sell their computers in Canada; you might get the information that you need if you go here to Medion USA (which includes support for Canada) and search for information at www.medionusa.com. There you can look through the Medion Knowledge Base; which is a searchable database of "How To" articles as well as common issues and their fixes for their computer products.

When you get to that Medionusa website: First click on the heading labeled "Customer Support" link / Knowledge Base / then click More which leads to Knowledgebase Search and then under Enter Criteria search for Product Category / Product Model, etc.

Good Luck!

4. superstar

Well it seems as if I'm extremely popular now because everyone seems to be comming to me for advice on fixing their computers just because I know a lot about fixing them. Another friend of mine (the second one this week), brought me his Cicero pc Model# CA122A-5. The manufacturing date says 03/09/04.

I know this is the wrong forum area but you mentioned something that was quite interesting, which was the following:

Well it just so happens that the problem with his computer is that he said he came home one day and turned it on and it won't turn on. There is a red led light at the front which I suppose is the hard disk light and it just stays red. The power button is supposed to go blue and it doesn't turn on at all. I opened the side of his case and all the fans spin when you turn it on. But the power supply unit starts as if it were frustrated. By this I mean that when you press the power button it starts blowing the psu fan hard and than the fan goes soft and blows air lightly. The only thing that is catching my attention with this pc is the psu... For some reason I have an inkling that this is the problem...

What can I do with the little support of these web sites since Cicero has been moving from company to company. They have no information on this pc at all. Let me know what you think and what more information you have about that "infamous" problem with the older Cicero pcs. I am starting a new thread in the hardware section as well with this exact question so you might want to post there instead.

5. gangzta

gangzta Private E-2

k here is the problem im having with my Cicero monitor, the monitor's menu keeps on randomly popping up, for noreason. Can anyone help here??:mad:

6. superstar

Start a new thread in the hardware section.

7. eatcake

eatcake Private E-2

On my computer I noticed that the windows Certificate of Authenticity on the shell had "Seanix Technologies" name on it. This helped me to goto the right site for help. fyi

8. canuckbabe

canuckbabe Private E-2

I was looking online for the driver for the keyboard and this is the site I came across: http://www.cicero.ca/. Hope this works for you :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds