Download Pages Stuff Mg

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Anon-469e6fb48c, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

Here is my question on the download section???

I hope you admins can figure this out.

Since i am a member of MG site why should i have to go another site or email system to leave a coment on a software in the download section????Any ideas on that.

I can not figure this one out.There is no option that i see that allows MG members to comment unless i am missing some thing.

I have never used Disqus nor do i want my Facebook page to be used or one of my emails.

I have never used twitter be cause i think it's annoying and point less.

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.com uses Disqus for comments.
    It's actually a great idea because there are hundreds of sites where you can comment once you have a Disqus account.

3. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

Never Used it
    I still really don't see the need for it if your a member of MG.It's probably going to another useless site that i would never use or even worse yet for get my user account info.

4. Eldon

The bottom line is if you don't log into Disqus, you can't comment.
    You can log in with a Disqus, Facebook, Twitter or Google account.
    Disqus.jpg

5. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

One thing is if you make a comment while also downloading the software or not, in the future, maybe even a year, someone else may respond to your comment and disqus will notify you of it. They may have an answer for you or may want your further thoughts on the topic.

6. Eldon

Email Notifications, as well as Web Notifications, can be turned off.

Disqus.jpg
    Disqus_2.jpg

7. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

True.
    I've left mine enabled. Seems innocent enough. Disqus is really easy to use. If a member has an opinion or question of a software product it's a great and useful asset. And as you point out it's available on many sites.

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

If not wanting to use Disqus, then post in the software forum with software you wish to comment on it title. Disqus I find ok, I do use twitter, have Facebook account but dont use it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds