emachine sound driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by geeking, Mar 4, 2012.

1. geeking

geeking Private E-2

Im in need of Intel 82801DB ICH4 - AC'97 Audio Controller driver. the computer is a emachine T2862... EVEREST says the driver is installed but when i check the device manager, theres a exclamation mark on Multimedia Audio Controller. im kinda stuck because when i try to uninstall/install the driver the computer restarts half way the installation. any help would be appreciated.

2. geeking

geeking Private E-2

sorry. running win XP PRO

3. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Greetings,

Probably the easiest way to get the driver is to go to the eMachines site http://www.emachines.com/ec/en/US/content/home and search for your computer model in the support section.

I didn't see the T2862 in their list of models, though . . . but the Realtek driver listed for the T2882 should work ok for it. Failing that, download and run their Hardware Vendor Detection utility and see what drivers it finds for you.

Let us know how it goes :)

4. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Forgot to mention something . . .

In device manager, "uninstall" the Multimedia Audio Controller and reboot. XP should see the "new" hardware and search for drivers for it. It will no doubt fail to find any. Then try the Realtek driver. Let us know what happens.

The fact your computer is restarting when you try and correct the driver issue is odd - I've never had an audio driver issue cause that, but I guess anything is possible. Hopefully there isn't another issue with the computer.

5. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Good morning...

The fact that your device manager is displaying "Intel 82801DB ICH4 - AC'97 Audio Controller" and the sudden reboot routine might indicate that this is an embedded AC'97 device - if Spad's suggestion doesn't pan out, you might try grabbing and installing the chipset driver from the eMachines/Gateway site that he linked to (make sure that you reboot after installing the chipset software)...

6. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , at the bottom of the laptop there is a sticker

http://support.gateway.com/emachines/Mobile/Gateway/5000Series/4645bvr5.shtml

with model laptop even serial number , give us these details or follow this way

Start - Run type this mmc devmgmt.msc - Ok - right click to yellow device - Properties - Details - scroll down the arrow finding Hardware ids - there is a code in the box , we need it ( select all - copy - paste ) the code here which is similiar to this image !! :wave

http://www.askdrtech.com/solutions/image.axd?picture=2010/3/hardware-id-02.jpg

7. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

8. geeking

geeking Private E-2

Thanks everybody. But the problem is still there. I installed chipset and rebooted the pc. Then uninstalled the multimedia audio controller. Rebooted again. Then when it started up it said to install the the realtek cd. where else can i uninstall completely

9. geeking

geeking Private E-2

i tried to install the realtek 97audio and half way throught the install it stops and asks for the realtek 97 audio cd(which i do not have.) IIIMMM LOSSSTTT.. :confused

10. falconattack

Follow my suggestion my friend !! :(

11. geeking

geeking Private E-2

Pci\ven_8086&dev_24c5&subsys_2010107b&rev_02\3&267a616a&0&fd

12. falconattack

13. geeking

geeking Private E-2

Aaghhh. Lol. Thankyou so much.

14. falconattack

Enjoy your sound my friend !! :wave

15. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Good job, falconattack...:major

16. Major Attitude

Ill add to Majorgeeks today.

17. Major Attitude

18. falconattack

Thank you my friend !! :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds