Error Code 4400..011A - Msg SCS1_0-000_disk-generic-multi-card-target not ready

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigbird_, Apr 4, 2010.

1. bigbird_

bigbird_ Private E-2

I nee some help badly. My Dell Insperion 1545 froze yesterdayand I was unable to do anything at all so I had to switched computer off at the power button. When I tried to resart teh computer it only gave me two options which was try to start as normal or use start up repair which both done absolutely nothing. When trying to restart normal it goes to a black screen and after 5 mins goes back to the options. Start up repair takes me to a screen looking as if it would fix it but nothing happens it just stays on that screen but no progress.

Please help me with what I have to do as I have pictures and video's of my kids, holidays etc that are on there that stupidly I do not have a back up for and I do not want to lose them.

Thanks so much for any help.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Bfore doing anything, you want to save your files. There are two ways to do this:
    1. Boot a linux live CD and have a USB drive inserted in one of the laptop ports. Linux will see your files and you can copy them to the USB connected drive.
    2. Purchase a laptop drive to USB adapter, similar to this
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...re=SATA_to_USB_adapter-_-12-200-155-_-Product
    anything that says it works with 2.5" drives (laptop size) and accepts IDE and SATA is what you want.
    Remove your laptop hard drive, attach it to the USB port of a working computer and use Windows explorer to copy your files from the laptop drive to the working computer then burn the files to a CD or DVD so you have archived copies of your files.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds