favourite movies?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nemo1, Jun 23, 2004.

1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

The Hunt for Red October gets a few mentions. Sean Connery fans should hire out the video of A Good Man in Africa starring Sean Connery, Colin Friels, Joanne Whalley, Lou Gossett Jnr, John Lithgow, Diana Rigg (The original Emma Peel in that great TV series The Avengers). Must be one of the few movies that Sean Connery dies in. Colin Friels girlfriend has a body to die for. Film is rated R though is pretty tame IMHO. Damn thing is not released on DVD yet, though.

Anyone who has spent time in Africa, or any third world country will appreciate it.

More http://www.prairienet.org/ejahiel/agoodman.htm Bazza

2. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

I thought of what is probably my most current favourite today, "We Were Soldiers". I am not sure how many times I've watched it now and I still cry most of the way through it.

3. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

4. micr0dv8

micr0dv8 Private First Class

My new favorite movie... When Trumpets Fade. It was a HBO movie made in 98 (I think). Picked it up for cheap. I was a little skeptical cause it was an HBO flick. Really liked it... based on WWII battle of the ardenes(sp?) I liked it .... the characters were somewhat different than most war movies... and it had that country singer from Slingblade in it too... did a good job.

5. Drizzt240

Drizzt240 Private E-2

LOTR (all of them)
    Boondock Saints
    Equilibrium
    Braveheart
    Gladiator
    It's a Wonderful Life
    A Beautiful Mind
    Good Fellas
    Dumb and Dumber
    Pulp Fiction
    Resivor Dogs

That's all I can think of right now, anyhow.

6. COBRA90GT

COBRA90GT Private First Class

An excellent movie.

7. billH

billH Master Sergeant

One of the funniest of the Sherlock Holmes movies, Without a Clue. Micheal Cain and Ben Kingsley.

8. RexNoctis

RexNoctis Corporal

Just about any sci-fi or horror. One that hasn't been mentioned here is Cube. (and Cube2, both very similar!)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds