Findingaster.com

Discussion in 'Malware Help - Public (Anyone Can Post & Respond)' started by CaroAlley, Dec 29, 2018.

1. CaroAlley

CaroAlley Private E-2

Hi
    I am wondering if anyone has had issues with this adware. It seems to be linked to Google chrome. If anyone has any clues as to how to get rid of these pop-ups I'd be very grateful. It does not appear in the settings for add ons and ordinary searches in Google, Bing and Firefox yield no info apart from a book of a similar name. Typing the web address into a search engine takes me to a Web site to do with a Thailand hotel which I chose not to enter.
    Thanks so much.
    CaroAlley

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. GSMark

GSMark Private E-2

I have a user with the same issue. I checked the extensions in Chrome and installed apps and could not find anything out of the ordinary. We are going to reinstall Chrome to see if that helps. This is the only site I can find mentions this problem.

4. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Has either of those experiencing problems tried to reset Chrome?
    Reset Chrome to Defaults

Or - running ZHPCleaner and submitting a log?

5. GSMark

GSMark Private E-2

Oh well thanks for the help. I was just informed in these instances, we no longer fix it. We go for the nuclear option, wipe and reload.

dr.moriarty likes this.
  6. baronrocco

baronrocco Private E-2

I had this issue too. Here's the solution I figured out. Findingaster uses notification alerts. To stop them. you can go into Chrome - Settings - Advanced Settings - Content Settings - Notifications. You will discover Findingaster in the ALLOW list. Click the three dots and choose BLOCK.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds