"firewall Has Defined That Your Windows Microsoft System Is Damaged And Irrelevant."

Discussion in 'Malware Help - Public (Anyone Can Post & Respond)' started by Eezak, May 10, 2019.

1. Eezak

Eezak Staff Sergeant

Over the past three days I've had what I'm sure is a malware related message pop up in front of my Firefox browser with a page behind it showing a red "X" and the message "Your Windows system is damaged." The message displayed on top of the web page reads as follows:

"Firewall has defined that your Windows Microsoft system is damaged and irrelevant. As a result your system files are automatically deleted. Please follow the instructions to fix the problem immediately. This way you will ensure that your system is always protected."
    ------------
    This message has an "OK" button to click at the bottom right of the message. Each time it has appeared I have immediately closed my browser. When I open it again everything seems fine and the rest of my computer seems to be running fine as far as is immediately obvious. A Norton scan found nothing.

Has anyone seen this particular piece of malware, knows what it does, and, most importantly, how to get rid of it? I did a search online but found nothing very helpful.

Thanks!

2. Replicator

Replicator MajorGeek

Its an adware 'Tech Support' scam!

Have a read Here on how to remove it.

Eezak likes this.
  3. Eezak

Eezak Staff Sergeant

Thanks Replicator. I'll follow those instructions and report back.

4. Eezak

Eezak Staff Sergeant

I read and followed the instructions at the link Replicator provided; downloaded and ran all the scans which found a number of items to be zapped or quarantined (including some named files I recognized as associated with the bogus error message I've been seeing).

So far, so good. I've yet to see any problems since running the scans as directed at the link provided.

Thanks again Replicator!

Replicator likes this.
  5. Replicator

Replicator MajorGeek

Your welcome!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds