Galaxy Note 4, Unlocked Usable In Chile?

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by Lady_Croft, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Lady_Croft

Lady_Croft Private E-2

hey guys! I've been doing a lot of research but I need some help from some legitimate phone geeks

I want to buy a used smartphone for my friend in Chile. They haven't been able to afford anything that isn't junk. I've decided on the Galaxy note 4 (for what she needs it for it should be a good phone)
    But I'm worried it won't work in Chile...
    I found a list of model numbers that shows what countries/carriers they work with...
    It said N910C for South America. I found this model for sale on swappa.com from an electonics store and it's a pretty good deal!
    But then I saw N910U, and it said Chile...
    But I couldn't find that model for sale... and for some reason, the ones had sold were more expensive ! I really can't afford much more than $200..

The N910C models i found are unlocked, and don't come with a SIM card.
    As far as I can understand, my friend in Chile uses her phone by getting a SIM card which is loaded with a certain amount of Internet data and minutes, etc.

So my question is, will either of these work just fine if I give one to her? Or do I need to make sure I get the N910U model? Or is all that moot?
    I don't want to give her a phone as a gift and then realize it's not going to work for her there...and I can't afford to waste the money on a useless phone!

I'd greatly appreciate any info you guys can give me ;);););) thanks!!

Jessie

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

3. Lady_Croft

Lady_Croft Private E-2

Thank you!!! And I'm so glad to know the N910C will work!!

4. Lady_Croft

Lady_Croft Private E-2

I did some random searches on the site you linked "willmyphonework.net"
    And I tried the model #N910G - which was for like Singapore and Australia ...and typed in the carrier my friends use (Claro) and it said, according to their chart, that the device is compatible with network carrier for 2G, 3G, AND 4G LTE - whereas for the other 2 models I had mentioned
    Previously, it said for 4G LTE "Device is compatible with some of the network carriers frequencies. It may work."

Why would this other model be- apparently- better, when it wasn't even for South America or Chile? I mean, just because it says a certain model is for a certain country , does that necessarily mean it only works on those countries? Or is it that this website, "willmyphonework.net" is not 100% reliable? Or should I be looking for the model N910G......
    This is all so confusing....

5. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Those listings are where Samsung originally marketed the phones. As long as the phone is not locked to a particular cellular provider and can pick up the network frequency(s) your cellular provider uses, it doesn't matter where it came from. I have a Chinese phone originally marketed for India that works with the cellular frequencies of my US cellular provider.

Claro uses these bands:
    [​IMG]
    https://www.frequencycheck.com/carriers/claro-chile

Any phone compatible with these frequencies will work.

6. Lady_Croft

Lady_Croft Private E-2

You are awesome. Thank you for educating me as well as helping me figure out what to buy!! I now feel confidant about which model to buy for my friend without fretting it won't work!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds