Gigabyte S-series motherboard (GA-MA69GM-S2H)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ch12istlne, Feb 2, 2010.

1. ch12istlne

ch12istlne Private E-2

I have been using Gigabyte S-series Motherboard Support AMD Socket AM2(GA-MA69GM-S2H) and now have to get a new one. I have been looking online (newegg.com/tigerdirect.com) but couldn't find the exactly same one. So I went to Fry's asking for help and they recommended me MSI mainboard (K9N6PGM2-V2). Is it okay to replace my motherboard with this one? Will it cause any problems? Sorry but I don't really know anything about computers so I need your help. Thank you very much!

2. scajjr

scajjr Sergeant

As that Gigabyte is an older board it may be out of production. I saw the last user review for it on Newegg was August 2008. I did a search for it on pricewatch.com too and got no results.

As the Gigabyte is an AMD socket AM2 board, any replacement board listed for socket AM2+/AM2 or AM3/AM2+/AM2 will accept your old processor and memory (and video card if your using one) and give you an upgrade path if you decide to upgrade the CPU.

If you were using the built-in (aka onboard) video in the Gigabyte board, make sure a new board you get has on-board video as well or you will need to get a dedicated video card too.

Sam

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds