graboid

Discussion in 'Software' started by smartiepants, Mar 17, 2009.

1. smartiepants

smartiepants Private E-2

Hi there,

Has anyone had any trouble with a movie downloading program called graboid? see www.graboid.com

We joined downloaded a free trial in December and joined in January. I've recently noticed there is upload & download activity at all hours of the day whether I'm online or not and think graboid may be the problem but am not sure. I'ts blown our ISP usage out of the water and we've used nearly 4 gig in 11 days so I'm not happy.

I've uninstalled graboid and limewire and run a bunch of tests, but can't find any sign of a virus. Freeware I'm running is SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition, Spyware Blaster, Spyware Doctor, Avast Antivirus, MAlwarebytes Anti'Malware and Secunia PSI.

Anyone else out there had any issues with graboid?

Thanks

2. moviez

moviez Private E-2

I use graboid too and it's strictly download, i suspect that limewire is your culprit since anything you download from there can automatically become uploaded at any time unless you completely exit the connection.

3. smartiepants

smartiepants Private E-2

Thanks,

I've used limewire for ages without problems, but they have just put out a new version so that could be it.

I've had big problems with graboid doing stuff like downloading without being 'open' as far as I know. There could have been a virus in one of the songs/movies I downloaded?

What ever it is there must be something running in the background.

Can you suggest what I might run or where I could look to figure out what program is doing the downloading?

Thanks
    :confused

4. smartiepants

smartiepants Private E-2

Sorry guys,

Perhaps I was not clear in my original question - I have not been running graboid or downloading movies in the last 11 days. I have not even been running limewire. I just happen to have left my computer on and logged into my ISP while not here and there seems to be something running in the background because my ISP logs show there has been uploading and downloading while I'm not here. As far as I'm concerned I have exited the filesharing programs and only left my computer online so that updates can happen.

Can you tell me the best way to view what is running on my computer in the background?

Thanks

5. smartiepants

smartiepants Private E-2

Thanks Dom,
    I did have wireless a couple of years ago, but now have a cable connection. The wireless connection was secure and coded as you suggested.

Is it possible for someone to access the wireless if it's still installed? I don't have a wireless modem anymore.

The program you suggest is a registry cleaner. I've been told on these boards not to mess with registry cleaners unless I know what I'm doing.. and believe me I don't! So is it OK to use this program just for looking?

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds