Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Anon-9aee479f8f, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

THANKSGIVING FORECAST: Hot and Humid Kitchen with Flurries of Leftovers and High Pressure To Over Eat!

Turkeys will thaw in the morning, then warm in the oven to an afternoon high near 190F. The kitchen will turn hot and humid, and if you bother the cook, be ready for a severe squall or cold shoulder.
    During the late afternoon and evening, the cold front of a knife will slice through the turkey, causing an accumulation of one to two inches on plates. Mashed potatoes will dr...ift across one side while cranberry sauce creates slippery spots on the other. Please pass the gravy.
    A weight watch and indigestion warning have been issued for the entire area, with increased stuffiness around the beltway.
    During the evening, the turkey will diminish and taper off to leftovers, dropping to a low of 34F in the refrigerator.
    Looking ahead to Friday and Saturday, high pressure to eat sandwiches will be established. Flurries of leftovers can be expected both days with a 50 percent chance of scattered soup late in the day. We expect a warming trend where soup develops.
    By early next week, eating pressure will be low as the only wish left will be the bone. ... Author Unknown

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

LauraR and Imandy Mann like this.
  2. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Happy Thanksgiving

upload_2017-11-24_16-22-55.png

Cheers

LS

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ours was very nice. I hosted at my house for 11 of us. I was even motivated after cleaning up to cook the turkey carcass down to make broth for turkey soup. :)

Hope everyone's was a great one (that celebrate, of course)!

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hope you all had a great day?

In UK we are celebrating the 10th day of BLACK FRIDAY, think of us when Cyber Monday is lasting a week?? only in the UK do we go to extremes!

5. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Pardon my ignorance...just what is this "Black Friday"?

DavidGP likes this.
  6. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

It's a Friday when retailers have huge discounts.
    And buyers suddenly realise they need everything that's on sale... :rolleyes:

DavidGP likes this.
  7. DavidGP

@legalsuit you in AUS are lucky so far, the UK gained this 5yrs ago when we imported this US post Thanksgiving sale day in stores, basically due to we used to have Best Buy in the UK but it kinda failed here, dunno why really as the one that was near me was pretty good.

Black Friday sale goods are generally stuff you do not need, or end of line or overstocked items, half the time other times of year have the same goods at better pricing, also we generally have fights break out in some stores, yesterday weird was loads of car crashes in city and only think it was down to folk rushing to the stores.

8. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Eldon and DavidGP like this.
  9. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

10. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Eldon- on the wiki you linked is a "See Also" link to 'Buy Nothing Day'. Interesting read.

I usually avoid main stores for this whole weekend. If I need drinks I go to the local 'Package Store'. Every thing else of need is already taken care of or can wait!

DavidGP likes this.
  11. DavidGP

I just like the idea of Thanksgiving and you in the USA have it at right time of year, as a practice Xmas dinner! in the UK we have a harvest festival thats not really celebrated as a thanks for the years crop harvest! only thing I remember of harvest festival was from school where you are urged to take in tins of food to collect to give out to those less fortunate than you, but in reality were they! this still in some schools in UK goes on today.

12. ownthree

ownthree Corporal

Black Friday is really awesome. I can buy lots of things.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds