Hdd External Enclosure

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HumbleServant1611, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Hello Geeks,

I was trying to remove a password from a HP Mini 210-2072CL with a W7 Starter SNPC OA but the computer wouldn’t boot the USB Flash drive even though it sees it and I change the boot order /priority and it just goes straight to the internal HDD.

So my next step was to just take the HDD out put it into an enclosure and take off the desired data until I can get the boot order to function properly and reinstall W7 Starter. But the computer I plugged it into doesn’t see the HDD, not even in diskpart. I also unplugged and plugged back in the CMOS battery to see if that will work. Any suggestions would be great.

HumbleServant1611

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

For me SNPC = small notebook PC
    OA = OEM activation

You'd probably do better by not putting the drive in an enclosure - that adds another layer of finding the correct driver for the enclosure.
    Attach it by a USB adapter instead.

Have you tried pressing ESC at soon as you power up and restoring?

Also, how did you make the USB drive bootable? Seeing a USB drive is not the same thing as having a drive that is bootable. The fact that it goes to the hard drive might indicate that the stick you are trying to boot from is not bootable.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  3. I used rufus an a iso image from the Lazesoft website. I think i narrowed it done but i havent tried it yet. It might be the flash drive itself because i used my Windows Media to get into the command prompt to do this procedure but there was some wrong with the command. Link

I havent done the restore because she wants files off the HDD first. I have an adapter ill try.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

5. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Is this UFEI or just a BIOS? Is secure boot enabled? if so disable it.

6. It’s BIOS i dont see any option to change between UEFI and Legacy. Also I dont see any options for secure boot.

I tried a brand new 4GB flash drive and it didnt boot to it. Im going to try the Hardware adapter to extract the data.

7. Heres Screenshots of the BIOS screen 42D02F08-DBF5-49D3-85A5-A9DF5E26BCA9.jpeg

1E8CD482-019D-420B-9102-F8E1506AF56D.jpeg 45191792-35CA-4DA3-9A53-4B06B5F0F06A.jpeg

8. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Did you check under Security?

9. It Only shows Admin. Pass. (Clear) and Power-On Pass. (Clear) nothing else

10. F177AA62-A29A-4021-8EA6-6F335F3DCD15.jpeg Through this i can directly select the flash drive but still nothing just goes to the HDD...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds