Hello, And Comment About Registration

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by td47, Sep 21, 2017.

1. td47

td47 Private E-2

Hello all, I used to use Major Geeks a long time ago, from Windows 98 onwards, used to get some useful utilities and downloads from the main site. As the later software (Windows 7/8/8.1 and now 10) seem to have most things I need, I only registered again now to use the forum, using my current email address and my common forum handle (td47). I am now retired, but used to work on Mainframe systems in the 70's and 80's, as a hardware & system support engineer, then switched to Diagnostic Software, then the OS development in USA (OS/3 I/O group), then moved on to Linux & oracle support. I have retained a healthy interest in PC's ever since, as they were the main "tools" to log into the servers to administer them, from about 1996 onwards.

Registration issue - never come across this before - the required Capcha Code fly-out did not display on the Firefox (V 55.02) browser, so I had to do it under Chrome. Very odd, but perhaps it is fixed in V55.03. This was NOT an ad-blocker problem by the way, as I had disabled it on this site

Nick T and DavidGP like this.
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey and welcome

That is a very healthy tech background! and no doubt you can give some of your experience back in helping others as I feel a little knowledge is dangerous, ooops sorry helpful!

Reg issue, not aware but I dont re-register, maybe without looking deeper into this its due to constant changes in Firefox of late running upto the next main release of 56 or 57 by year end, I use Nightly so on the 58 branch. I will mention this in Admin, cheers for the alert.

Nick T likes this.
  3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Sorry to hear that. I know some security software can cause this but it sounds browser specific. One downside to forum software is that we are subject to bugs or issues that are on the development end. I'll check into it with them.

Nick T and DavidGP like this.
  4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Cheers for checking Tim

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds