Hello

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Juisterr, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Juisterr

Juisterr Private E-2

Good afternoon

any questions you like to ask me ?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Mmmmm questions questions..... ohhh yes "do you like jelly (jello) if so what flavour?"

3. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

GOEDE NAMIDDAG

Welcome bij MGs [​IMG]

4. :):waveHello and a warm welcome to the forum Questions,questions everywhere......lol..:-D:wave:wave​

Maximus......:cool:major

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

6. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Yes... :innocent did you bring any chocolate with you?

A warm welcome to the forums :wave

7. frapper

frapper Private First Class

How are the windmills? What is that in the shop window in Amsterdam? Huh? :-o
    Really!? :-D

8. Juisterr

Juisterr Private E-2

Hi,

en Hallo,

I do not like jelly, sorry.

I do not bring chocolate, sorry.

What is that in the shop window in Amsterdam?

Do not know, i live in Oegstgeest and not in the red light district ;)

How are the windmills??

Why, you like to fight those ?

Thanks for the warm welkom.

Goede morgen

9. frapper

No, I don't like to fight windmills. They could take your arm (or head) off. Welkom!

10. Juisterr

Juisterr Private E-2

Ahh prima toch.:)

11. frapper

Glad to see you here. I hope that you find the help you need.

mit freundlichen Grüßen (a little German oder Deutsch)

frap

12. Juisterr

Juisterr Private E-2

I am Dutch, that's not germany but Holland ( The Netherlands ) you know , wooden shoes and lots of water.

I am not looking for help, I am a Helper myself on Dutch fora.

13. frapper

Yes, I know you're Dutch, since it says The Netherlands. But I only know some German. Ciao!

14. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

:major Yes ... how's the weather there? Do you have any money ($ or Gold) to give away? Do you have any pretty women who would like to be given-away? Do you have any money ... or Gold, that you wish to part with? Any other merchandise?

Ummm, did I ask if you had any money or Gold (or ladies!) that you would like to dispose of?

Whatever the case may be - welcome just the same! ;)

15. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Ya, can you send me some real smoked Gouda?:yum

Hehehe, just a joke.;) Welcome aboard.:drink

16. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Welcome to MajorGeeks, Juisterr! :major

Got pc skills?...in what areas? Looking to help out here? Pitch in, why don't ya?

[​IMG]

17. Juisterr

Juisterr Private E-2

Skills, i am a security analist on Dutch and Belgium Forums( like blue medicine), but not yet here, but maybe there is something like security colleague or so.

18. dr.moriarty

[​IMG]

Security colleague ...if you're interested in that area -- and have time available...perhaps you should set-up via your User Control Panel > Edit Options > Enable Private Messaging - if you haven't already done so, and I'll point this out to our "Master Wizard".

dr.m

19. Juisterr

Juisterr Private E-2

done so. :clap

20. frapper

But she can't reply until she hits 50 posts.

21. dr.moriarty

That... and other things could be communicated via a PM to her/him.

22. howard51

howard51 Private E-2

Hello from a newcomer.
    Just trying to figure out this site.
    I have a question, but not sure where/how to ask it?
    Will appreciate any help, thanks.
    h

23. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Welcome! :wave

As a newcomer, this forum/section would be a good place to start, but you should start your own thread. If it looks as if it should be moved to another forum/section, admin can move it and will advise as to where it went.

Again, welcome to MajorGeeks!

24. Juisterr

Juisterr Private E-2

50 posts , that's a lot. rolleyes
    Maybe there is a way to work arround that ? :)

25. dr.moriarty

Your interests have been passed on.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  26. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

welcome :wave

27. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

My motto is

diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium

Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.

28. Juisterr

Juisterr Private E-2

And now we wait. :)

29. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to Major Geeks Eric!

Do you have the time to learn our procedures? We are not a HijackThis reading forum. We are a Malware Removal Forum, and we have our own required procedures and tools to use. If you feel you have the time to really help out here then you will need to get familiar with our processes. I know you say you help on other sites, are you sure you have the time to also help out here on a consistent basis. You said you help out on bluemedicine but have very few posts there (only 59) and that is a very slow/dead forum from what I see.

30. Juisterr

Juisterr Private E-2

Time time, not so much.
    I am a security analist there but not actif there as a helper.
    You think i do little ?

http://www.pchelper.nl/forum/index.php?showforum=67 as Juisterr

http://forums.breekpunt.nl/forums/forum.asp?ARCHIVE=true&FORUM_ID=53 as Eric U

http://www.nucia.nl/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38 as Juisterr

http://www.hijackthis.nl/forum/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=358d10b3458b8372691a9e7e0741dc88 as Eric

http://www.minatica.be/forumdisplay.php?f=46 as Juisterr

Do not know, is it verry different than what we do ?

31. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

32. Juisterr

Juisterr Private E-2

That i know, but what can i do about this, translate ? As for now i am not active on Englisch fora.

Greetings
    Juisterr

33. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I understand fully but but don't be offended at my post, just my sense of humor.

34. Juisterr

Juisterr Private E-2

Geen probleem hoor, ik snap wel dat het grappig is.

35. huck1944

huck1944 Private E-2

yes, you never did answer whether you like jelly

36. chaslang

No! Only stating a fact that the site you referenced was basically dead and you only had 59 posts there.;) I hunted around and saw you were posting at other sites too. But the real point is having time to help. If you are already very busy on multiple other sites (which you are) then I'm questioning whether you will have time to help here on a frequent basis.

Yes and no! Malware is still the same malware world wide, but our procedures are different than in many forums.
    • We answer ALL threads and we work in oldest to newest queue order to keep everyone's waiting time in the queue the same. We don't think it is fair when a new post 5 minutes old is getting a response when someone else may have been waiting a day or two.
    • We also complete all threads.
    • We do not allow any logs to be posted inline.
    • We do no ask for HijackThis logs and do not want them posted.
    • We have our own MGtools program which gives us all the log info we normally require and it already has a HijackThis log embedded in it from a HijackThis program that is renamed to avoid problems with infections that hide when the see hijackthis.exe running.
    • We have a full cleaning procedure that is required when people need help removing malware and the logs from it include SUPERAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes, ComboFix, and the log from MGtools which is a ZIP file containing 8 other useful logs.
    • We have dozens of sticky threads with boilerplate procedures for tools/scanners already written up so that a direct link to the sticky is all that is needed rather than posting lots and lots of text in thread which gets it cluttered up with too many details and it can make loading threads slower especially when they get long.
    But again the real point is whether you really have time to help. We can always use the help since we are always extremely busy, but I don't want to see you spreading yourself to thin by trying to work on too many forums. So you tell me. Do you have the time to help out here in actually performing full fixes from beginning to end? :)

37. Juisterr

Juisterr Private E-2

Hmm difficult, to be honnest, not on a frequent basis. I was more looking for how you doiing things, maybe i can learn something of that.

So if you put me on the spot like this my answer is NO if do not have the time to be verry bussy here.,

38. Juisterr

Juisterr Private E-2

No i do not like jelly at all.

39. chaslang

Well this part is relatively easy as anyone can read the threads to see how we work. ;)

Okay thanks for being honest. This is too bad since as I said, we are a very busy forum and can use help from experienced people.

40. timetogo

timetogo Private E-2

why cant i reply until 50 posts? :(

41. Rosty

Rosty Private E-2

Hi Juisterr,
    searching for some malware around here.

Hey Juisterr,
    ben je op zoek naar wat malware hier.

42. chaslang

You cannot PM (Private Message) until you have 50 posts. This has nothing to do with replying to a post which you obviously just did. ;)

43. Juisterr

Juisterr Private E-2

Always looking for more and maybe better way's to kill the beast Rosty ;)

44. Juisterr

Juisterr Private E-2

That i know, but like i said, and like you said, when i am working here + the work on the Dutch and Belgium fora will become to much and i will become to stressed because of it.

I shall not become a stranger because there is so much to read here.

Maybe something for the future ?

45. chaslang

Anytime you ( or your friend Rosty ;) ) want to talk about something, you can post a message for me in the Malware Forum. Once your post count hits 50, you will also be able to use PMs but I could manipulate your post count to make PMs available sooner if necessary.

Make sure you check out our Malware Removal FAQ forum too. It is not in the list of forums, but it is where most of the stickies are being retrieved from.

46. Cmdr Chill

Cmdr Chill Private First Class

And if so I hope you brought enough for everybody! Welcome friend.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds