Hello :)

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by CaptainQwerty, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Hello everyone,

How are you all doing?

New here :) I am a 19 nearly 20 year old computer technician at a college :) I love repairing machines and offering help and guidence when ever possible :)

Just wanted to drop in a hello before I go sort out my sig/avatar and read the rules :)

Antony.

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Welcome aboard Captain i hope you enjoy your time here.
    Are you at Lancaster college?

3. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG, CaptainQwerty:wave Nice to meet you! Have a look around, there is plenty of info, and we have lots of fun too! I am sure more will be along, and enjoy your stay! ;)

4. Thank you :) and nope - Lakes College :cool

@ TeeCee

Thanks mate :grouphug

5. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hello CaptainQwerty :wave Great to have ya, and just wait unti l JOTS sees ya! LOL I think you and him will get along just fine!!! :-D Maybe you two are neighbors? We'll find out when JOTS drops in LOL

We are just one big happy :grouphug family here!

6. Who is this JOTS you speak of?? :)
    It seems like a pretty cool place :) Just need to sort my avatar and sig out but this is a fresh O/s build and I had forgotton I havn't installed Adobe yet lol Will get right on the case.

7. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi CaptainQwerty, JOTS will be along eventually, he is one of the "Majors" that helps keep things running smoothly, and I am sure he will be dropping in as he is also from the UK.. :-D

Don't worry, you will know when he gets here roflmao roflmao

8. Cool Cool :) Look forward to him popping in :)

9. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Great! now maybe when he does get here, you two can be friends ;)

10. :) Very cool.
    Well I am popping out soon but there is wifi where I am going so no doubt I will get on if he arrives while I am out :p
    Liking the forum so far everyone seems nice and helpfull.

:)

11. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

From a "Major" to a "Captain"
    Welcome to Major Geeks. :wave
    You WILL enjoy yourself here. :major
    That is an order.:-D

12. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Hello, Ant and welcome to Major Geeks :wave
    I am very happy to live east of the Pennines, as we all know that Geordies are the pride of England. You Cumbrians are only famous for Cumberland sausage, right?
    Sorry, only pulling ya plonka, Captain.
    You will enjoy this kitchen, it's got it all. Need help? You in the right place.
    Like to impart your knowledge? You in the right place.
    Like us to wash your smalls? See bigtrucks. SHE will be along soon. Probably. :-D

13. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Explain "smalls".

14. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Never mind.Found out on Wiki.
    Don't believe 'trucks takes in laundry.

15. Haha this forum seems great - full of great people.

@hrlow2

Helloo and thank you for your welcome! :)

@Joey off the Street

Hehe we are famous for our sausage and our Cumberland slang. Words such as Marra, yam, yan and more. :)

16. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

17. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to MGs :)

18. joey off the street

I'm assuming a yam ain't a sweet tettie? And yan ain't Martin Yan, the Chinese chef? I know marra, we got that over here. Our dialects are incredibly varied, even though I ain't that far away from you, I haven't a clue what you on about. :-D

19. I'm garn yam - I am going home.
    I want yan of them - I want one of those.
    Orite marra - Hello mate/friend.

:p

20. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Welcome CaptainQwerty to the best forums around.
    A word of advice be fore warned of some of the locals here:duck, as they no not what they say. They tend to put the car in 1rst gear before starting the engine:-D,. Otherwise it is a great place to learn and if you have knowledge to share, a great place to share. Check out the rest of the place as you will find never a dull moment here. ;)Enjoy.

@ JOTS "The greater the ignorance the greater the dogmatism."
    by Sir William Osler

21. Really enjoyed my look around the forum so far, just been browsing the tools available for download aswell.

22. joey off the street

Oh, you mean Aah'm gannin' hyem!

I got the Scottish version, "wan".

Know that wan.

roflmao

A pearl of wisdom, trucks. Thanks for that.

23. Day off work today so I can get some propper browsing of the site done :)
    Seeing this place really makes me wish I didn't let my forum die - might have to make a new one one day.

24. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

The great thing about this site is that we can have a laugh and a joke plus hopefully learn a little along the way.
    One thing you find here is that no matter how unusual the question there will always be someone who will have an answer and you will not get flamed for asking.

[​IMG]

25. Thats great to know, nothing worse when on a tech forum and you see some one new to computers asking a question which may seem to be simple and some one just gives them abuse or silly answers.

26. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Ow then Captain ow's it goin me owl'd mucca ! i'm not to far from you either, not as close as JOTS though i'm a smoggy ! Just a quick one marra do you like sheep and have you got a pair of wellies ! roflmaoroflmao Naw really i hope you enjoy the forums bud, glad to have you on board !

27. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I always thought the wellies joke was about the Welsh ??

28. Narh marra, I am not that stereotype of Cumbria haha, thats more the less town like areas of Cumbria.

29. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Looks like the Captain can handle it. But,on the other hand, he IS a veteran of the site.Knew to be prepared.:-D;)

30. nosyzeke

nosyzeke Private E-2

hello am new here,need some direction. I tried to load my webcam but I keep getting a notice that the device is unknown.It happened after my daughter loaded her 20.00web cam and from that point on I couldn't use the webcam.

31. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks,nosyzeke.
    You would get a lot more responses by posting this problem in the hardware forum.

32. Didn't see my hello topic taking this turn of events! :)

You will get more responses if you post a new thread in the hardware section! :)

Have you tried removing both devices and reinstalling the drivers for the webcam you want to use?

33. Alot of new faces appearing in this thread ;) I like it haha

34. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

The wellies joke, is for any mucca (Man or Boy) living in the countryside and is a yakker (Farm Worker) ! But as the captain lives outside the countryside he dosen't seem to possess a pair of wellies in any case ! He borrows a pair for when he takes a trip to the countryside :-D:-D:-D !

35. Lmao! I don't!!! I wear a pair of Etnies skate shoes I will have you know!! And when ever I go around the Country side its in my Punto on a road trip not in a tractor on a plowing mission before you say it!!! haha

36. joey off the street

That's ploughing, CQ. Where you living? Cumbria, Nebraska?

37. Cumbria UK haha.

38. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

welcome to the forums! :)

39. Thank you for your welcome :)

40. After my short time here I am about to admit... I love this place :)

I really enjoy looking for the posts with no replies to help those people out asap :) Really like giving as much help as I can :)

Great forum!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds