Help, Error message 0175, Bad CRC1, stop POST task

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brandonscott11, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brandonscott11

brandonscott11 Private E-2

Hi There,

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum,

Recently I went to turn on my IBM Thinkpad t23 and when doing so I got the error message 0175, Bad CRC1, stop POST task.

Should I be replacing the lithium backup battery? or would that cause this error message? I have also read that it is the eeprom chip that is corrupt.

I can't get to the IBM BIOS setup Utility, or the temporary boot devices.

Any ideas on how I can fix this or what the problem is?

Thanks,
    Brandon

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Yes, it may be caused by a dying CMOS battery, and for the cost of one (approx. $5 CDN), it is typically worth eliminating as a suspect. They are usually CR2032s, and can be found at most electronics stores like FutureShop, RadioShack, The Source, etc.

You might also test your memory. I recommend Memtest86+ for the job.

3. brandonscott11

brandonscott11 Private E-2

Thanks for the Advice,

I tried a different stick of ram in it and it still had the same error, I also removed the lithium backup battery overnight and put it back in this morning and still get the same screen, are the lithium backup battery and the CMOS battery the same thing?

Thanks Again,
    Brandon

4. kjb125

kjb125 Private First Class

5. kjb125

kjb125 Private First Class

just put your error code into the search bar on the Support and Downloads page...your code is at the top, i believe!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds