How to interface an application's GUI with a C program

Discussion in 'Software' started by sobeeh, Apr 10, 2005.

1. sobeeh

sobeeh Private E-2

I'm trying to execute an application (simulator) using a system call from my program. Once the application (simulator) starts, I want my program to perform certain tasks on the GUI of the simulator: fill in certain fields, start the simulation, collect the results, and close the application. In essence, I need to emulate the keyboard stokes on the GUI of the simulator using my C program. I must interface to the GUI since I only have the executable available to me. Can any one recommend a way to perform this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

Ive never done it, but I'd recommend looking into sockets, you can send data between a host program and server program and such.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds