How to save in Media Player?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kim99, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Kim99

Kim99 Private E-2

I finally got the sound working on my Windows Media Player when I play a DVD from my camcorder.

Now, how do I save something off that DVD to upload to Photobucket? I can't find anything on my media player about saving anything.

Please help-and I'll need step by step cause I'm lost!!

Thanks a bunch,
    Kim

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hello Kim

I didnt think WMP could save those types of movies, especially if File > Save as is not highlighted, but try that or failing that the below is a nice easy free option.

You could use Windows Movie Maker to capture your DVDs video files then edit if you need and save into a format that can be uploaded, also on the site is many guides on how to use this software which is why I recomend this over some other freebies.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/default.mspx

Guides and how to's and under the heading ~ Windows Movie Maker How to Center.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds